Talk

Advanced search

Do you wear shorts under your dresses?

(7 Posts)
Snowflake15 Mon 29-Jun-15 22:07:53

I'm 27 weeks pregnant and finding that I'm staring to feel self conscious in a lot of the skater style maternity dresses I have been wearing to work. Especially in this weather, I've also noticed a bit of thigh chafingsad anyway I have some super comfy lace trim shorts from h&m I'm going to wear under and I was wondering how many people actually do this? And would it be weird if my dress is a bit short and you can see the shorts when I bend over or something (although I will be careful to try not to flash obv). Or is the very fact that I have to ask this a sign not to wear these dresses anymoresad

DonkeyOaty Mon 29-Jun-15 22:11:58

Yep I wear cycle type cotton shorts to stop rub and also a bit of modesty (floaty dresses are lovely but really don't wanna be showing my britches in a breeze, btdt AT THE SCHOOLGATE waaaaah)

Ought to weight hems really <ponders>

Snowflake15 Mon 29-Jun-15 22:18:56

Britchesgrin ooh weighted hems that sounds ideal

Runningupthathill82 Mon 29-Jun-15 22:29:18

No, never - but then I don't wear dresses that are much above knee-length for work anyway. Wouldn't it ruin the line and give a very odd shape?

Bunbaker Mon 29-Jun-15 22:32:22

No. I am past the age of wearing very short dresses.

Snowflake15 Mon 29-Jun-15 22:34:01

Running the shorts are tight and the dress is floaty so it doesn't ruin the shape, I wouldn't wear it with body con, but I feel more comfortable in body con because I know it won't blow up in the wind/when I'm walking smile

AmelieinOz Mon 29-Jun-15 23:44:24

Yeah, I wear boxer-type shorts.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now