Talk

Advanced search

Where do you get a really great haircut in the North West?

(21 Posts)
Marylou2 Mon 29-Jun-15 17:06:37

I'd love a really fabulous haircut before I go on holiday.I usually just go to a local salon and have an inch off the ends. My hair's highlighted and bra strap length and I'm lacking in inspiration. I'm sure there are great salons/stylists in either Liverpool or Manchester but I'm very out of touch. Would anyone care to advise me? Thanks.

morethanpotatoprints Mon 29-Jun-15 17:12:14

it has taken me ages to find somebody who can do my hair, but now I go to cheapo supercuts in The Arndale. They are brilliant, do what you want but advise too. I think I paid £23 last time

NashvilleQueen Mon 29-Jun-15 17:13:49

I used to like Razors Edge in Royal Exchange Arcade. Not been for years though so I don't know if still good.

RapidlyOscillating Mon 29-Jun-15 17:15:56

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Marylou2 Mon 29-Jun-15 17:21:48

Just to add that price isn't an issue. For once I feel "I'm worth it" ...flicks hair like a tubby,less attractive version of Jennifer Aniston.

ExitPursuedByABear Mon 29-Jun-15 17:23:36

Kevin at Carey & Carey in Oldham.

LakeFlyPie Mon 29-Jun-15 17:30:13

Olivier Morosini on Tib St, Manchester

sonata1 Mon 29-Jun-15 18:05:51

Either David at Kathryn Kavanagh in Woolton Road. Liverpool (longer hair- my DD's go there) or Sue at Bleach in Smithdown Road, Liverpool (I have a bob and go to her)

Marylou2 Mon 29-Jun-15 18:31:12

Lots of good suggestions thankyou. I was looking online at the Ethos in Manchester city centre Rapidly so interested to know there's one in Chorlton too. Also looked at Barbara Daley in Liverpool too.Would anyone recommend it?

CalmYoBadSelf Mon 29-Jun-15 18:37:21

I'm not sure that you can guarantee getting a brilliant cut on a one-off visit. No matter how good the cutter, they do not know your hair as well as someone doing it regularly.

My hair is fine, has a bit of a wave, goes fluffy easily and I can't be arsed spending time on it so I may be biased as no cut has ever stood out above others really

Is there an equivalent of Trip Advisor for hairdressers?

ZeroFunDame Mon 29-Jun-15 18:37:33

My Olympic-level-hair-fussiness friend used to cross a national border to go to a place in the Northern Quarter (could be Tib Street as above.)

She had stunningly good hair.

Marylou2 Mon 29-Jun-15 18:44:39

That sounds amazing zero!! I'd love stunningly good hair. I think I've reached the age where I need to up my game to keep my hair looking good.I know it won't happen in just one visit.I'm looking for a long term relationship not a one night standgrin .

RapidlyOscillating Mon 29-Jun-15 18:50:50

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

TrobadoraBeatrice Mon 29-Jun-15 18:59:58

Try Voodou on Bold St, Liverpool (city centre, walking distance from Lime Street station). Their Facebook pages and own website should give you a sense of their style, and they have great last minute offers. They are good at bling... grin

Waywarddaughter Mon 29-Jun-15 19:47:27

Interesting you say Kevin at Carey and Carey, I had another of their stylists and got the world's most depressing bob. I might ask for him next time..... I work in Oldham and live in Chorlton and really want a good haircut a fair bit shorter than it is now. Does Adam at Ethos in Chorlton usually have a Saturday wait for months? X

ExitPursuedByABear Mon 29-Jun-15 21:51:12

Which stylist did you have? Kevin owns the salon and is all kinds of lovely.

Waywarddaughter Mon 29-Jun-15 23:37:57

An older lady.... Maria? It was a spur of the moment thing as I work v close. I was thinking of going back and asking for Lindsay but now intrigued by Kevin. My hair was long with no fringe and she cut in the thinnest fringe imaginable (which I then had to cut in more myself confused) and the bob was really boxy and frumpy. Do you get cut and colour, bear?

Sparkyduchess Tue 30-Jun-15 00:19:41

Sand hair in altrincham, either Paul or Tim for a cut. For colour ask for Danni.

ExitPursuedByABear Tue 30-Jun-15 06:55:23

Yes I have both.

Tell them you were disappointed last time.

But I am not the world's most exciting person so maybe I don't expect much. grin

Waywarddaughter Tue 30-Jun-15 07:36:48

Neither am I bear! I'm so bad at telling hairdressers I don't like the cut .... I grin and bear it and then run away. I had another cut and colour elsewhere in Oldham and now look like a tortoiseshell cat after some experimental highlights so I think I'll be going back to Carey and Carey tail between legs!!

MsBojangles Tue 30-Jun-15 11:05:50

Sharon at Ethos in Manchester, she cuts and colours.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now