Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Children's jacket/coat, seen any reasonable ones?

(8 Posts)
Naicecuppatea Mon 29-Jun-15 16:16:43

Looking for one for my 5yo for when she starts school.

Pumpkinette Mon 29-Jun-15 16:21:18

I've been looking too but found nothing as yet. I don't think school coats and jackets will be available until a few weeks time when the shops bring out the new school stock.

Marylou2 Mon 29-Jun-15 18:50:17

Boden's Autumn range will be on the preview site. Fantastic for school coats.

Pumpkinette Tue 30-Jun-15 17:30:54

Do you have a link to the preview site please? I can't find it.

LIZS Tue 30-Jun-15 17:38:06

Check if you need to buy a particular colour or plain style first. John Lewis usually have a selection or the supermarkets. Don't spend a lot as they do get battered in the playground and cloakroom and may get lost.

carrie74 Tue 30-Jun-15 19:07:18

We've had Boden for winter coats -lovely looking, warm and washable, Gap, again good, H&M and Zara, both quality slightly less, Hatley raincoats, fabulous and good resale. Lands End has great all-rounders

I'd advise a raincoat for autumn and spring (making sure it's properly waterproof and hooded), and a puffa for winter (as waterproof as possible). Washable was v important to me (I seem to need to wash coats every few weeks).

EmGee Tue 30-Jun-15 21:07:29

Cheap is not always best. I have bought (on sale) winter coats from Polarn O Pyret and also LandsEnd. Polarn do a good jacket that is a 2-in-1, so a water/windproof outer coat to which you add a fleece using poppers for colder weather. That way you get year round use. They wash very well too. H+M do a cheapie version but no idea what it is like. They are also generously sized - I get two winters out of each Polarn coat per child and then it gets passed on to DC2 and has then been passed on to a friend. It ends up being much cheaper than buying cheaper coats more regularly!

lostscot Tue 30-Jun-15 21:56:34

Speaking as the one who ends up picking up a pile of coats every lunchtime I'd say just a waterproof till it gets really cold, otherwise as soon as they start running around they dump them on the ground! even in December we are nagging them to wrap up!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now