Talk

Advanced search

Personal Shopper for Sixth Form

(12 Posts)
bigTillyMint Mon 29-Jun-15 14:13:36

Does anyone have any recommendations of some sort of Personal Shopper service in London which I could book DD in for so she has some suitable clothes for Sixth Form? I know Top Shop offer a Personal Shopping service, but is there anywhere else worth trying?

TealFanClub Mon 29-Jun-15 14:37:05

er.... jeans?

Golfhotelromeofoxtrot Mon 29-Jun-15 14:40:29

Topshop's personal shopping experience is excellent- I had a great experience using it.

canny1234 Mon 29-Jun-15 14:41:41

Is this for smart business dress Tilly?

If so I would also like advice on a capsule wardrobe for teens as my DD's so far is polyester-tastic.

TealFanClub Mon 29-Jun-15 15:11:57

son has to wear a suit to sixth form

Started out all bothered by it. now, as you say, its any old polyester

Save your nice stuff for the weekend iMO

bigTillyMint Mon 29-Jun-15 15:12:18

TealFanClub, I fear that may be the clothing of choice! But it would be nice to get her some smarter stuff, also thinking ahead for anything smart she might have to do...

Golf, good to hear Topshop is good - was it the Oxford Circus one you went to?

TealFanClub Mon 29-Jun-15 15:22:50

i would bide your time
Let her go and see what others wear.

Plus there is sod all good in the shops atm.
PLus - she is 16, let her do it! grin

bigTillyMint Mon 29-Jun-15 17:21:56

I know Teal, just thought it might be a nice treat.

Plus even DH is noticing her sometimes weird combinations!

Golfhotelromeofoxtrot Mon 29-Jun-15 17:30:39

Oxford Circus- I had to email across lots of info first and they were amazing and really sensitive to my post baby body woes!

Highly reccomend them.

Doobigetta Mon 29-Jun-15 20:08:04

Part of being a teenager is messing around with different looks and learning what works. If you don't make the odd mistake, you don't learn. Plus she can wear whatever Top Shop has in without stressing over whether it's age-appropriate/professional/covers crepey-flabby-saggy bits. I'd just let her get on with it.

TealFanClub Mon 29-Jun-15 20:18:46

smile

penny13610 Mon 29-Jun-15 20:35:09

Get hold of a copy of the dress code and read it very carefully. Is is a case of work type clothes or just you mustn't see up, down or through it?

Go on a mother daughter shopping trip and track down a pair of jeans that fits perfectly, Top Shop are narrow on the thigh and don't go in at the waist.
Get some opaque black leggings so that nobody knows if she has mutant ninja turtle knickers on, DD1 had to have leggings with a side seam.
Pick up some stretchy cotton camisoles, a quick solution to disagreements about what is decent \ indecent.

Give her a budget and allow her to freestyle with the help of her friends.
A personal shopper at Topshop is a nice extra, but she will want to dress like her friends.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now