Talk

Advanced search

New uniform for new business

(14 Posts)
Kaz2200 Mon 29-Jun-15 08:25:26

Sorry if the title is misleading but I do need some help. I have just bought a business a DIY and Hardware shop I take over on Wednesday. I would like a uniform as such so I don't have to worry what to wear, there will only be myself and another part timer so we don't necessarily have to match. I would just like something stylish, I am 5'2 50 years old and a busty size 14. The job will be quite messy cutting keys and mixing paint. My previous job was in a warehouse and I constantly wore jeans and fleeces and I would love to be a little smarter. I did think about personalised polo tops, but they really don't suit me. Any ideas anyone??

Tbh I think anything stylish would look out of place,you are representing your business remember, and looking stylish may look rather odd!

Why not just go with the personalised t-shirts or wear clean and tidy but appropriate clothing?

sebsmummy1 Mon 29-Jun-15 08:53:28

I would expect to see a person in an apron I think. How about a t-shirt and trousers and some personalised aprons you can chuck in the wash.

PrincessOfChina Mon 29-Jun-15 08:54:54

I would wear jeans and a certain colour of checked shirt covered by a logo'd apron.

Kaz2200 Mon 29-Jun-15 08:57:06

I know what you mean just would like nice t shirts and maybe a bodywarmer any suggestions where to shop?

SoupDragon Mon 29-Jun-15 09:18:28

I agree that "stylish" would be out of place in a hardware shop. Jeans/t-shirt/logo apron seems like a great choice. Maybe choose a nice "company colour" that's more stylish than, say, B&Q orange smile

Writtenbyme Mon 29-Jun-15 09:21:08

How about jeans and top of your choice with a branded apron over it.

SavoyCabbage Mon 29-Jun-15 09:33:51

I would choose a shirt and a sturdy apron.

yakari Mon 29-Jun-15 09:36:06

I would keep it simple - jeans, plain tshirt and a matching coloured apron like this which you could buy a few of in one go. So say black tshirt and red apron, or white tshirt, and blue apron, various of choices.
And for winter matching body warmers something like

MarchesMum Mon 29-Jun-15 09:42:29

Whatever you choose it's always helpful to have a uniform of similar colours that can be washed in one load in the washing machine ( ie not white wash then dark wash) . Makes life easier.
Good luck with you're new business xx

burnishedsilver Mon 29-Jun-15 09:53:14

A fitted denim shirt could work. I also like the plaid shirt idea. Try v neck tee shirts.

I think you need a colour scheme eg red white, navy and denim. Have an apron printed and pick a capsule wardrobe in a combination of the colours to cover different seasons.

Gap might be a good place to look. If things are going to get paint splatter you want them to be easily and inexpensively replaced.

Congrats on the new business smile

burnishedsilver Mon 29-Jun-15 10:40:52

A few ideas.

Kaz2200 Mon 29-Jun-15 11:22:08

Thanks for all your suggestions I think it might be dark jeans and t shirts and bodywarmer, not sure about aprons, it is a working class village I may come across as being pretentious!

SoupDragon Mon 29-Jun-15 11:39:08

The job will be quite messy cutting keys and mixing paint.

I don't think an apron would be seen as pretentious - just sensible!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now