Compliment or Am I Doing This Wrong?

(5 Posts)
LassieKillsChickens Sun 28-Jun-15 17:11:00

Two friends commented on how good my skin is, and "wow, you're not wearing any make up". But I was. Bare Minerals Complexion Rescue with a bit of Liz Earle bronzer on top. I had a little eye pencil on and some mascara. I didn't have blusher on (sometimes I do, sometimes I don't but I know I should really as am pale). And Chanel Boy nude lipstick.

I don't like a lot of make up. I thought I was going for a natural look but now I'm wondering if it's pointless and I need to go get some advice! Or is the aim to look good but as if you're not wearing any? I'm aware this may come across as a stealth boast, but it's really not. I have always looked after my skin. Am 45. It's in good condition as far as smoothness etc (and I do get roseacea but manage it well) and I'm not worried about fine lines (do have some). I hate the deep lines that are forming though. So I don't look young for my years.

acatcalledjohn Sun 28-Jun-15 17:22:33

It's a compliment. You've done something right if you've managed to make it look natural.

burnishedsilver Sun 28-Jun-15 18:44:49

People have said the same to me. I like to think its a compliment but sometimes I wonder if I need to go a bit heaver on the make up.

polyhymnia Sun 28-Jun-15 19:07:43

Definitely a compliment. Butt I I have a very strong preference for a natural look and hate obvious make-up - bright lips, powdery foundation, spiky sooty eyelashes, obvious blusher, etc, etc.

I do tint lashes and brows though, for definition.and wear lip balm or, sometimes, barely there lipstick. And sheer neutral eye shadow for really dressed up occasions.

LassieKillsChickens Mon 29-Jun-15 08:57:40

Thank you. Maybe a bit of blusher makes all the difference. As you say burnished sometimes I think I should go heavier but certainly a heavier foundation makes me want to wipe it all off!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now