Talk

Advanced search

Where to buy workwear?

(11 Posts)
Sorehead Sun 28-Jun-15 14:42:18

My wardrobe for work mainly consists of clothes from Next and M&S. Having looked in their stores and online, I'm disappointed with what they have on offer at the moment but need to update my work wardrobe.

People in my office wear a mixture of tailored suits, smart dresses with blazers, or trousers/ skirt and a cardi.

Hobbs etc have some lovely things but they are way above my budget- need to stick to the Next/ M&S type of price bracket. Is there anywhere else I can try?

In case it matters, I'm late 20s and size 8- 10.

CityDweller Sun 28-Jun-15 14:46:13

Zara? I really like their stuff

CityDweller Sun 28-Jun-15 14:47:03

This blog is also really useful for workwear inspiration theworkwearedit.com

Brillenbar Sun 28-Jun-15 15:15:43

Banana republic always have offers on, and have good basics. Jackets with neat pencil skirt or cigarette trousers - zara and mango are really good for jackets. Lk bennett dresses from ebay. Or almost anything from massimo dutti

Sorehead Sun 28-Jun-15 21:28:20

Thank you. I'll have a look at your suggestions now.

DontKillMyVibe Sun 28-Jun-15 21:32:56

Banana Republic is good for trousers and Uniqlo is good for shirts/blouses. Zara occasionally for tops and blazers/jackets.

NiceAcorns Sun 28-Jun-15 21:35:07

I've had several really good work dresses from the Sainsbury's Tu range.

I was surprised to find them & they are ace.

cromwell44 Sun 28-Jun-15 21:54:22

Boden sale, Monsoon, Zara, some H&M. I tend to wear 7/8 trousers, pencil skirts, shell tops, shirts and cardigans. Mix and match the better quality stuff with the cheaper stuff.

carrie74 Sun 28-Jun-15 22:52:24

Banana Republic (great sales, especially in store).

Me & Em, especially for dresses.

Oly4 Mon 29-Jun-15 02:39:54

I agree with banana republic. Fab workwear

Thesunrising Mon 29-Jun-15 03:11:00

Uniqlo have great smart dresses, blazers and shirts. Downside is they are only in London but you can buy online.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now