Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

teva sandals..I need very comfy sandals for my hols

(9 Posts)
ggirl Sun 28-Jun-15 14:34:20

loads of walking
casual British Columbia so may end up wearing them with socks !
I have wide feet and get plantar fasciitis if crap soles

So are they wide and are they uber comfy?

or suggest alternative

caramelgirl Sun 28-Jun-15 14:36:50

I have wide feet and just bought a pair of glittery silver tevas. Seem v comfy tho' tbh we are moving to Singapore and may not walk that much.
I also rate Birkenstock Bali as a summer walking sandal - urban walking probably 3-4 miles a day- I buy from Germany.

ggirl Sun 28-Jun-15 14:59:03

I have had birkies before and they are not cushioned enough on the heel for me although otherwise very comfy.
Ive been living in fit flops for years and am bored of them and don't want flipflop style.

ZaraW Sun 28-Jun-15 16:15:17

Tevas are great for light hiking, kayaking etc but for the city I have a pair of Born sandals extremely comfortable and well made.

www.bornshoes.com/ViewAll.aspx?GenderID=8&CategoryID=110&PageNo=1000&SortType=P

kelda Sun 28-Jun-15 16:20:25

I find these Ecco sandals really comfortable for all walking, hills, woodland, town:

shopeu.ecco.com/uk/en/ecco/ecco-offroad-lite-ladies-_1466115/1466123?navId=190

I have plantar fasciitis too and usually need support soles, but I don't have any problems with these sandals.

ggirl Sun 28-Jun-15 17:26:53

Zara-the born sandals looks exactly what i want but sadly they don't ship to uk....so cheap too
keida- not keen on those ones sorry but had forgotten about ecco , will look at their other sandals
thanks

ZaraW Sun 28-Jun-15 18:04:00

ggirl have a look on Ebay that's where I got mine from.

OvertiredandConfused Sun 28-Jun-15 18:07:46

I bought Teva sandals earlier this year and they are very comfortable. I walk between the station and my office (25 minutes each way everyday) in them as well as Cornish holidays. I'd definitely recommend them!

madoldwoman Sun 28-Jun-15 18:14:02

I have just bought some teva terra fi 4 sandals, specifically because I too have plantar fasciitis and they have a shock absorbing heel. They're not the prettiest, but by far the best shoes I've ever had for walking, no rubbing even without socks and best of all no pain. Got mine from amazon.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now