Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Cheap, cheerful, light, summery scent please?

(32 Posts)
PolaDeVeboise Sun 28-Jun-15 11:07:59

Going away at the weekend and feel my perfumes are all too 'much'. TBH, I think some sort of lovely body spray would be better. Any recommendations?

MamaLazarou Sun 28-Jun-15 11:10:49

Clarins Eau Dynamisante?

Coastingit Sun 28-Jun-15 11:13:52

Paul Smith Rose is lovely, or Marc Jacobs Daisy.

Paul Smith or one of the CK ones, or maybe Origins Ginger.

MrsBertMacklin Sun 28-Jun-15 11:23:22

Body shop body mists get good reviews.

PolaDeVeboise Sun 28-Jun-15 13:43:45

Thanks all. Was thinking maybe one of the Clarins ones Mama. However, I like the sound of a 'mist', might check that out Mrs Bert.

reginaphalanges Sun 28-Jun-15 13:44:32

Elizabeth Arden Green Tea Intense is nice and light, and is only around a tenner on Amazon.

Nettletheelf Sun 28-Jun-15 17:49:57

Bronnley 'orange and jasmine' can be snapped up for £3.99 at bargain chemists and is really nice and fresh. I might go back and buy a few gallons now that I know how nice it is.

KittyB52 Mon 29-Jun-15 07:33:08

Another vote for the Body Shop body mists - pink grapefruit is lovely, as is satsuma. They also have a green tea fragrance which has just come out - that was nice and light.

There's 40% off online with free delivery at the moment if you spend more than a tenner.

Discworld101 Mon 29-Jun-15 08:05:03

M&S do a rip off of 'Daisy', which smells nice - and is cheap!

Have a look at the Libraryof Fragrance in Boots, some nice light summery ones in that, I particularly like Grass and Clean Laundry, £15 for small bottles which are a good size for travel.

HeartsTrumpDiamonds Mon 29-Jun-15 08:17:37

Clinique Happy

Cheesymonster Mon 29-Jun-15 08:22:59

What's the m and s one called Disceorld101 please?

Isis by M & S is a dupe for Issey Miyake.

AmelieinOz Mon 29-Jun-15 09:43:36

Elizabeth Arden Green Tea Yuzu hands down.

MissBattleaxe Mon 29-Jun-15 09:54:10

Its Butterfly by M and s that smells like Daisy although I think it smells like DKNY- kind of cucumbery and fresh.

Yardley Jade smells like Chanel Cristalle- light and green, but costs less than half that.

Body Shop Fijian Water Lotus is a lovely ozonic scent and a little bottle costssa a fiver- ideal for the length of a holiday. Also their Amazonian WaterLily also reminds me of Marc Jacobs Daisy.

The Elizabeth Arden Green Tea flankers are all great in summer: Green tea Honeysuckle, Green tea Tropical etc. They usually cost a tenner. Try The Perfume Shop or allbeauty.com.

I don't bother with body mists as they don't last and are diluted. An Eau de toilette should be right for a hot holiday. YY to Library of Fragrance. it says cologne on the bottle but they last like an eau de toilette.

One last thought- Eau de Cartier is my go to hot weather scent. Utterly gorgeous and very light and airy.

musicmum75 Mon 29-Jun-15 13:25:28

How about the Philosophy Grace perfumes? Amazing Grace is my favourite but they are all nice. Very light and clean smelling.

IHavemyownLighthouseyouknow Mon 29-Jun-15 14:08:24

Jo Malone Grapefruit scent is gorgeous for the summer. My other favourite is the Eau de Givenchy, it's very light & summery.

Coastingit Mon 29-Jun-15 15:12:39

What's the body shop code that includes free delivery? I have one that takes 40 off but not free delivery.

hattymattie Mon 29-Jun-15 15:27:50

Guerlain - Aqua Allegorical - pamplelune.

musicmum75 Mon 29-Jun-15 16:27:15

Ooh yes - I am wearing Guerlain Acqua Allegoria in Nerolia Blanca today.

SunnyBaudelaire Mon 29-Jun-15 16:28:35

Carpaccio Mon 29-Jun-15 16:39:44

Guerlain Terracotta. A cheaper alternative is the Monoi scent from yves rocher - it is supposed to be very similar.

Gatekeeper Mon 29-Jun-15 16:44:17

Caudalie Zeste de Vigne

O de Lancome

Nettletheelf Mon 29-Jun-15 17:07:16

Everybody saw the 'cheap and cheerful' requirement, right?

Jo Malone scent is lovely but £££

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now