Talk

Advanced search

Footner disaster

(28 Posts)
WaltJunior Sun 28-Jun-15 10:06:37

Did the footner treatment last Sunday- all good & started peeling (though not on heels annoyingly)
Yesterday morning woke up, took a few steps downstairs & searing pain coming from my feet - I've got little tears on several toes kind of like in the crease where the toe bends iykwim. They are not bleeding but sort of open, I can see the raw skin underneath. ohmygod so painful I'm having to walk on my heels. Not got a lot on today but working tomorrow (teaching) what can I do??? Sudocreme???

SophieJenkins Sun 28-Jun-15 10:23:01

Oh God it sounds awful, I can't understand why this stuff is so popular, it sounds like it can do real damage.

I would be putting anything on the raw skin tbh. Maybe around the edges on the actual skin iyswim? To soften it up.

I have a steel cut on my finger and the most painful bit is the dry skin at the edges of the cut. It sort of goes hard doesn't it.

Poor you xx

SophieJenkins Sun 28-Jun-15 10:23:13

*wouldn't

WaltJunior Sun 28-Jun-15 11:16:46

Yeah...I'm thinking that too now. I'm practically crying with the pain & it makes it seem even worse that the skin on my heels has not come off which is the bit that needed to! I've plastered them for now & feels a bit more protected. Ffs what have I done sad

SophieJenkins Sun 28-Jun-15 11:22:10

Your feet will grow back flowers

Don't feel bad. You just wanted lovely feet! I hope the pain eases off soon. Maybe ice would help? packet of peas etc.

DdJames Sun 28-Jun-15 11:22:45

My toes do this without the need for footner! Best advise is to keep them clean and leave them be. Try not to keep looking as I find the pulling around re-splits the healing skin.

I have used salon rapid healing cream before, not sure if it sped up the healing but it was soothing.

burnishedsilver Sun 28-Jun-15 11:22:53

Sounds horrendous.
Sudocreme would be my first thought.

DdJames Sun 28-Jun-15 11:26:21

*savlon

ggirl Sun 28-Jun-15 11:26:21

Could it be fungal ? Athletes foot is very painful and that's exactly where you get it
Try some canestan cream.

TitsCrossed Sun 28-Jun-15 11:33:38

Yy it could be fungal infection, see the pharmacist about it. To help promote healing and soothe pain use lanolin ointment like you use for cracked nipples (if you have it) or vaseline.

butterfly133 Sun 28-Jun-15 11:48:51

it sounds like you need to put plasters over them when you go to work, otherwise they will edge their way open again

what about the paint-on stuff you get with Savlon if plasters bother you? for today I'd say Germolene, it has a sort of numbing function.

I don't think it sounds like a fungal infection, it just sounds like it's stripped the skin so much that the skin has broken?

homeaway Sun 28-Jun-15 12:15:12

Make sure you keep the wounds covered as you don't want to get an infection . I would put sudocream as others have suggested and cover them until they are healed.

Sammasati Sun 28-Jun-15 13:39:53

I wouldn't put sudocrem on it is very drying, aloe Vera would be much better as it helps skin to granulate and keeps the wounds soft and supple.

Sammasati Sun 28-Jun-15 13:40:52

Ps Manuka honey and cover with plaster would help too

WaltJunior Sun 28-Jun-15 13:55:12

I don't think it sounds like a fungal infection, it just sounds like it's stripped the skin so much that the skin has broken? this is what I thought bc I've never had fungal infection but maybe I was getting it & the footner accelerated I don't know but I'll try savlon next. Also thought if I could get a blister plaster to stick there as they're supposed to be like a second skin. Thanks for your sympathies blush

WanderWomble Sun 28-Jun-15 14:13:39

You can cut blister plasters to size.

Littlepumpkinpie Sun 28-Jun-15 14:52:05

It happened to me once I just used sudocream. I still do footner socks and it's not put me off. My heals were bad took many footner socks to get them looking good

butterfly133 Sun 28-Jun-15 15:41:47

I'm amazed this can happen and doesn't put someone off.

I just use Newton's Chiropody Sponge. use on areas that aren't soft. If you have cracked heels, OP, then Scholl cream specifically for that is brilliant. No need to pay for Footner or spoil your skin! hope your toes cheer up soon.

Getdownfromtherethisinstant Sun 28-Jun-15 18:33:07

Have you been soaking them to help the peeling? My toes crack like that if they spend time damp.

WaltJunior Sun 28-Jun-15 21:07:27

No I haven't had time instant I am dreading tomorrow, hope some miracle healing occurs overnight!
Blimey pumpkin this happened to you and you tried footer again?! I'm never going near the stuff

Blowninonabreeze Sun 28-Jun-15 21:18:13

I have never had athletes foot and for it for the first time after using footner.
Exactly as you describe. Small red (very very itchy!) cracks between the toes.

If you have some canestan/anti fungal cream, I'd try it and see if it improves things.

WaltJunior Sun 28-Jun-15 21:53:20

Oh right, still not sure as not itchy, is that how you knew it was athletes foot? I'll get some tomorrow anyway, I'll try anything!

OttiliaVonBCup Sun 28-Jun-15 22:39:02

I thought this thread was about the poster who put Footer on her face.

What happened to her?

butterfly133 Sun 28-Jun-15 23:41:35

Waltjunior, don't make it worse, be careful.

Someone put it on their face?!

Littlepumpkinpie Sun 28-Jun-15 23:59:36

WALT you wanted to know why I have done footner again after the accident. Well I have used footner many times before only one or two toes went like it and I am prone too the skin sometimes splitting there anyway. I do the socks every few months it healed quickly.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now