Talk

Advanced search

Short hair inspiration required

(17 Posts)
MotherOfChickens Sun 28-Jun-15 09:50:23

Hi,
I've had long hair (bra strap length) for ages and recently had it cut to shoulder length. It has made such a difference, easier to style and dare I say it, made me look younger!
I'm now tempted to go much shorter and am looking for inspiration. I'm early 40's and have thick, slightly wavy hair.

I'd love to go short but I'm terrified of getting it wrong and regretting it so if anyone can point me in the right direction I'd be eternally grateful smile

WaltJunior Sun 28-Jun-15 09:55:35

Love to do this too. Not brave enough though!!

MotherOfChickens Sun 28-Jun-15 10:10:20

WaltJunior I love the middle image, just the kind of thing I had in mind.

WaltJunior Sun 28-Jun-15 10:14:32

Will you have to straighten it though? I like the 3rd one best as my hair is wavy & I like the height. It is very off the face though, nowhere to hide!!

isupposeitsverynice Sun 28-Jun-15 10:22:24

get thee to pinterest! it's great for this kind of thing.

isupposeitsverynice Sun 28-Jun-15 10:23:42

and Walt, just do it! I promise you'll feel great once it's done, it's so liberating to have all your hair chopped off grin

Is this any use?

MotherOfChickens Sun 28-Jun-15 15:58:39

Some great hair inspiration there Remus, one or two that I'm really tempted by. I've got an appointment booked for Thursday morning, just need to pluck up the courage to go for the big chop now.

MotherOfChickens Thu 02-Jul-15 15:20:24

Just a quick update to say that I've done it!
I finally went for the style in the attached pics and I'm really pleased with the results. If anyone else is thinking about going for the chop then go for it, especially in this heat grin

Lottapianos Thu 02-Jul-15 15:27:30

Ooh, that looks fab. I had a chop myself a few weeks ago and I love it - so much less faffing, using less product, much faster to style and yes, cooler in warm weather! Well done smile

isupposeitsverynice Thu 02-Jul-15 16:16:46

Wahey grin Congrats, that's a lovely style, enjoy your new super-easy hair!

MotherOfChickens Thu 02-Jul-15 16:34:36

Thanks, it'll definitely be quicker to dry! Teenage DS has just seen it and said he prefers it long, I think I need to have a word with him about being tactful (and he wonders why he hasn't got a girlfriend!).

Wow! I'm booked in tomorrow to lose a good few inches off my bra strap length wavy hair, have been toying with properly short.

MotherOfChickens Thu 02-Jul-15 17:09:40

Go for it! I've rediscovered my cheekbones and feel that it's updated my look as I've had longish hair for the past 10 years. Just waiting for DH to come home, he'll get a shock as he has no idea that I was going short.

The only thing that worries me is having to blow dry it every morning, regardless of how quick it is, with long hair I can (and nearly always do) wash and go, we camp quite a bit and I remember last time I had short hair how awful it looked if I couldn't get my hands on a hairdryer. Think I will be going shoulder length tomorrow (still long enough to tie back) and maybe more of a chop in the autumn.

KanyesVest Thu 02-Jul-15 17:16:47

I went straight from bra length to Claire Underwood short and I love it! Great that you're happy with it, OP.

Lottapianos Thu 02-Jul-15 18:17:23

The Claire Underwood look is fabulous

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now