Talk

Advanced search

In desperate need of a dress for a summer wedding!

(10 Posts)
Swifey Sat 27-Jun-15 12:45:58

I'm a 12/14 at the moment, having just had a baby 5 weeks ago, and need a dress for my mil wedding. I am hourglass in shape, with a bit of a wobbly tummy, but hopefully that will be a bit better by August! I prefer fitted shapes, otherwise I tend to look ginormous (but am prepared to look at anything!), nothing too long as the baby and toddler will be with us and I don't want to trip up! A lowish neckline (I can't stand anything up roundy neck, and I hVe quite big boobs!) and preferably capped sleeves or longer. Colour wise I like fairly bold colours, and definitely not black. Budget wise, up to £150 ish, maybe a bit more if it's amazing, or preferably less!
Any ideas ladies?? smile

SaveOurBogBrushes Sat 27-Jun-15 14:47:27

www.theoutnet.com/en-GB/product/Diane-von-Furstenberg/April-stretch-jersey-dress/604749 I have this and love it, it's well fitted and could be dressed up/down so worn again?

Swifey Sat 27-Jun-15 16:51:27

It looks lovely, and very chic, but I think I want something with a bit more wow, if you know what I mean? And probably not Jersey fabric, something a bit more substantial, unless it had a lace overlay or something. I can't even think of what shops to go to, or order from? I'm 37 by the way, so nothing too risqué wink

dementedma Sat 27-Jun-15 16:55:04

Brilliant sale in Debenhams just now on dresses if its not too downmarket.grin

SaveOurBogBrushes Sat 27-Jun-15 17:11:15

Yep totally know what you mean, will have a think if I've seen anything unfortunately everything at the moment seems to be high necked:/

Swifey Sat 27-Jun-15 18:06:56

Trouble is, I just look like a pair of massive boobs with high necked things!! Not attractive! wink will have a look at debenhams too!

caitlinohara Sat 27-Jun-15 18:34:09

Always look at Coast website first for weddings. Always.

Swifey Sat 27-Jun-15 22:56:52

I have just ordered 4 dresses from debenhams, and the total was less than my budget for one dress! They come on Monday, let's hope ones a winner! grin
Thanks everyone!

tittyboomboom Sat 27-Jun-15 23:01:33

Would you mind linking what you ordered, op? I'm similar shape and going to summer wedding, and have no idea what I'm doing. Your ideas would be gratefully received!

ZaZathecat Sun 28-Jun-15 08:16:47

Go on op - give us the links! I've been trying to guess which ones you ordered (I know, 'get a life'!)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now