Talk

Advanced search

Tights recommendations please....

(7 Posts)
sonata1 Sat 27-Jun-15 09:49:56

For me, the mother of the bride. I am short with bad varicose veins and not the best legs. I read that Wolford are the dogs doo dahs but is there a particular pair that will do the trick? Natural colour, deffo not shiny, good coverage for the veins without making me look like Norah Batty.

sonata1 Sat 27-Jun-15 20:30:10

Bump. Anyone?

AwkwardSquad Sat 27-Jun-15 21:02:32

Don't know, sorry, but for what it's worth, I have had really good advice about tights from assistants in decent department stores. Best if you can find older assistants in JL or local department store. HoF often a bit basic, sadly.

MrsBertMacklin Sat 27-Jun-15 21:06:29

I think Wolford Pure Energy might be good. They're compressions and 30 denier, does that sound like something you'd like?

sonata1 Sat 27-Jun-15 22:36:23

I have a rather delicate outfit so don't want too thick tights but obviously want to cover the veins. I think I will go into JL and ask in the hosiery dept. Thank you laydees !

Melonfool Sun 28-Jun-15 00:19:03

You could maybe cover the veins with some camouflage make up and wear lighter weight tights?

sonata1 Sun 28-Jun-15 10:20:10

Yep. I intend to use some concealer first. Especially round one ankle. I remember years ago in Manchester, that big department store Kendall's? I was trying on some posh cream slingbacks and the assistant said snottily , referring to my telangiectasia "You ARE going to wear tights aren't you !" I was mortified and have never forgotten it.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now