Talk

Advanced search

Help me find a birthday present for me!

(22 Posts)
KanyesVest Fri 26-Jun-15 22:16:09

Birthday in two weeks and there's nothing I need or want but dh just got a nice bonus and wants to buy me something. I have zero clue what to get so some inspiration would be hugely appreciated.

Some background...
- budget about £100 but I'm happy with less (and he'd definitely go more if I really wanted something)
- I will be 36, 2 preschool kids, work from home so I'm usually in reasonably practical mode (love some flashes of fancy though)
- don't really wear make up or jewellery, happy with my current skincare (took a while to get it right)
- shorty size 10/12 hourglass, but jelly belly so fitted/pencil/structured are best shapes on me
- fairly classic style, last 3 purchases were flat black leather dune sandals, pastel pink coated/pleather jeans, floral fit and flare sundress
- have penhaligons perfume sample set, can't decide which I like
- exercise 4/5 times per week, open to fancy exercise stuff- I have work, every day and laptop bags that I'm happy with
- definitely don't want a spa voucher or similar

Any suggestions??

Princess?? Me?? Never

KanyesVest Mon 29-Jun-15 21:21:30

Anyone know how to wrap tumbleweed? blush

Trumpton Mon 29-Jun-15 21:29:06

If I had access to £100 then I would splurge on a candle from Neom and some bath oil from them and a bottle of fizz . < that's me heading for a lovely soak >

Pantsalive Mon 29-Jun-15 21:46:51

A night away without the kids

Melonfool Mon 29-Jun-15 22:17:56

Handbag? I got slippers for my last birthday, lovely fluffy sheepskin ones, £80. smile

LoveGigi Mon 29-Jun-15 22:30:54

Fitness activity tracker such as a Fitbit Charge HR, I only say this as it was my birthday yesterday and I'm getting this to kickstart my own personal new year. You sound very active already though, I'm hoping it will motivate me.

KanyesVest Mon 29-Jun-15 23:23:24

Yay, thank you all for replying!

Sheepskin slippers are a great idea. I luffs my slippers and am constantly wearing through my cheap ones. Are they very hot in summer though?

Pantsalive, I have a night away without children and husband planned for the end of the month. I can't even think about it or I'll burst with excitement and die before I get to enjoy myself.

Trumpton Mon 29-Jun-15 23:32:55

Celtic and co are fabulous slippers. Bit warm for high summer but wonderful.
I bought DS (35) some and he told me that they had changed his life !

KanyesVest Mon 29-Jun-15 23:58:54

Life changing slippers may have just won my birthday lottery.

BeaLola Tue 30-Jun-15 01:35:36

I would go for the new treatment NEOM candle that after you burn it you use the melted wax as a massage oil.

I know you are having a weekend away but I think I would go for an indulgent day to myself as well.. After dropping DS at school I would have an almond croissant and latte at lovely cafe whilst reading paper, browse in lovely shops, manicure, lite lunch at pavement cafe with glass of rose and reading chic lit on my kindle and perhaps a splurge on something I don't need but will love to buy for myself.

If not order myself some flowers to be delivered every other month eg the ones that come through the post in special boxes.

It's my birthday next week maybe I should take my own advice ?

coffeenut Tue 30-Jun-15 04:51:51

I would always go a new dress or outfit (especially if you have a night away/out planned soon) and/or a new haircut and blowdry. I'm after the urban decay NAKED palette for mine, but you say you don't wear makeup ...

chanie44 Tue 30-Jun-15 06:24:52

A new purse/handbag
Underwear

HelpMeGetOutOfHere Tue 30-Jun-15 06:58:31

A decent haircut. For me that's about time rather than money though. I work and have three dc so find it really hard to book an
Appointment and stick to it.

mewkins Tue 30-Jun-15 07:05:02

A watch or sunglasses.

Pantsalive Tue 30-Jun-15 09:29:05

You sound like a woman after my own heart Kanye. Time away without children or husband is an excellent thing.

I can also highly recommend Celtic & Co sheepskin slipper boots. I loved mine. Sadly I'm now making do with cheaper versions after the moths got them sad

Have a great birthday whatever you decide.

Just thought, a massage would be another idea. I used to always have one on my birthday.

Marylou2 Tue 30-Jun-15 09:44:55

A Parlux hairdryer? Not romantic but fabulous nevertheless.I got on for my birthday and it's cut my drying time in half.Have a lovely birthday 🎁

KanyesVest Tue 30-Jun-15 18:09:03

I'm afraid to say, that I just don't get the smelly candle phenomenon, but thanks for the idea! Birthday itself will be spent swimming with DD's summer camp glutton for punishment. I'm bad at pottering around, I just end up doing housework, which is part of the reason I'm heading away solo. I think the slippers are going to edge it, I'll just have to work out which 3pairs I like best wink

And thanks for all the kind wishes, I'll happily send you all some cake

Melonfool Wed 01-Jul-15 00:00:12

My slippers are from Celtic. I adore them.

They are, conversely, not that hot in summer as sheepskin breathes, so it is both warm and coolish. Far less sweaty than horrid synthetic things.

My last pair lasted a good eight years. I got these news ones this May and they now feel like "my" slippers. I love my slippers. I miss them when I stay in London for work.

These:

http://www.celticandco.co.uk/ladies/sleep-and-slippers/ladies-sheepskin-slippers/moccasin-lounger-soft-sole/

ShyGirlie Thu 02-Jul-15 07:52:04

celtic and co slippers for definite, mine are never off my feet if i'm at home! Good sole, so can be worn outside. And they don't sweat in summer the way cheap ones do, sooo cosy!!! Literally feels like a hug for my feet!

Eastpoint Thu 02-Jul-15 08:24:33

LuluLemon leggings for exercising in. They will use up a lot of your budget but they are cut really well and wash brilliantly. Never let them near fabric conditioner.

Mimigolightly Thu 02-Jul-15 09:21:19

How about a lovely facial or a massage? I always get this for my SIL who has 3 DC and never gets time to herself.

Twinklestar2 Thu 02-Jul-15 09:27:10

I would either have a facial, massage and mani-pedi or buy myself a pair of new heels - or bothgrin. Blow the budget!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now