Talk

Advanced search

Best leave in conditioner for very dry/damaged hair

(10 Posts)
LordTumble Fri 26-Jun-15 20:23:41

Hello

I'm hoping someone can recommend some sort of miracle product for my terrible hair.

I used to colour it A LOT, and after having a full head of blonde highlights my hair pretty much died. I've not coloured it at all since Sept 2013 but still have about four inches of dry, straw like, brittle hair at the ends. It's too much to have cut off (it would take it to above my chin and the hair underneath is all grown out and lovely now, it's just the top layers) so I'm persevering.

I've started using a deep conditioning treatment once a week, if I use a leave in conditioner on the ends will that help? Can anyone recommend something that's preferably not too expensive?

Thanks smile

Rewy Fri 26-Jun-15 20:26:24

Coconut oil ,sleep with it in , wash out in morning ( shampoo on before hair too wet to cut through oil)

CordeliaFoxx Fri 26-Jun-15 20:26:40

Use argan oil on your hair after you e washed it, before you dry it. I have highlighted hair at it really helps the dryness.

CordeliaFoxx Fri 26-Jun-15 20:33:48

I also use Aussie 3 minute miracle conditioner, which is really good and smells amazing

misscph1973 Fri 26-Jun-15 20:34:52

Coconut oil really dried out my hair. I suggest a hot oil mask of olive oil and avocado oil: Gently heat a few tablesppons of the oils - put it in a cup and put it in hot water (you can put the cup in a sieve to keep it steady) untill it's warm. Smear into hair, put a shower cap over, then put a hand/ guest size towel into a bowl of freshly boiled water, wring it out using rubber gloves so you dont scold yourself, and drape it over the shower cap. Repeat the hot water if it gets cold within the next 20 min. Then was. Do this once a week.

suzannecanthecan Fri 26-Jun-15 20:46:25

I like to put a bit of olive oil in the ends and leave it in overnight but tbh i think any old vegetable oil would give the same result.
not keen on coconut oil because it seems harder to wash out and then the extra washing leaves your hair dryer.

I like aussie conditioner but I've never found any conditioner which seemed significantly better than 'bog standard' ones.

Also try not to wash it too often so that the natural oils have a chance to spread down to the ends of the hair (not always practical I appreciate!)

violetwellies Fri 26-Jun-15 20:57:54

Audience gets my vote grin

MissBelleTragic Fri 26-Jun-15 21:08:53

Ego Boost by TIGI Bed Head. Love it so much!

backtoworkblues Fri 26-Jun-15 22:07:40

I have the same problem. Naked little miracle leave in conditioner, about £4 from Boots. Or for blonde hair Pureology perfect 4 platinum miracle filler, Amazon £15.

Sgtmajormummy Fri 26-Jun-15 22:17:26

Huile Prodigeuse before and after styling. Not as a deep treatment but it's a good daily all over product. Another vote for Argan oil to define curls if I'm having a non-straightening day.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now