Talk

Advanced search

Radley Bags - are they worth it?

(50 Posts)
40thisisit Fri 26-Jun-15 20:12:59

Have never ever spent more than £20 on a handbag. Now at the grand old age of nearly 43 feel I need to own a designer one. Keep on receiving sale e-mails from Radley........ are they worth it??

NeverHadHaveHas Fri 26-Jun-15 20:17:47

I wouldn't say Radley is designer by a long chalk. I think it's considered fairly naff by MN standards, along the lines of Cath Kidson etc

missmargot Fri 26-Jun-15 20:21:20

Honestly I wouldn't count them as a designer bag. The quality is ok but I can't understand the little dog thing and I think there are much nicer bags for the money.

NiceAcorns Fri 26-Jun-15 20:22:01

I love them! Love the picture ones - I use them on special occasions & match the pic to the occasion

chanie44 Fri 26-Jun-15 20:23:12

I now people on here don't like them , but I think there is nothing wrong with them and of you like it, you should go for it.

I have a Easley travel card holder and a bag I bought whilst pregnant with ds (5) and they are both well made.

chanie44 Fri 26-Jun-15 20:23:28

Easley I mean radley

noisytoys Fri 26-Jun-15 20:40:04

I have a Radley bag that has been used pretty much daily since DD1 was born. She's 7 now. I'm getting a bit bored of it but can't justify buying another because it's in such good condition still.

momb Fri 26-Jun-15 20:43:12

I have a non-picture Radley bag that I used every day including commuting for about 5 years. It's pretty worn and grubby but no fabric has worn away, no seams have gone and apart from scuffs from mistreatment the leather looks fine. Even though I no longer use it I can't let it go because it's still basically OK.
I think the quality is very good for the price and the D+G I replaced it with was knackered in less than a year.

RJnomore Fri 26-Jun-15 20:46:07

I have quite a few and they're nice quality. Not designer though! But I just think £200 is more than enough for a handbag - I can't believe the price of some of them.

DameDiazepamTheDramaQueen Fri 26-Jun-15 20:51:29

MN is so sneery towards Radley when in fact just about everyone I know wants one or already has onehmm

They are great quality and last forever.

I have 2, the Grosvener and an across the body one. I expect to get at least 10 years out of each if not more and they keep their value on eBay as people always want them.

BlueEyedWonder Fri 26-Jun-15 21:34:47

I don't get the mumsnet snobbery about Radley.
They are good mid price bags and are good quality.
I prefer the styles that come without a dog tag. I have the tan grosvenor across body and love it. I'm currently pondering a navy doctor style one I saw in John Lewis.

MegMurry Fri 26-Jun-15 21:38:19

Sorry, but imo Radley are a bit naff - especially if you're under 60. Definitely not a designer bag.

Both my mum and mil like them, so I tend to think they're for 60 plus to wear with cropped trousers.

Saurus72 Fri 26-Jun-15 22:21:17

If you just want a good quality leather bag, not designer, Jaeger has lovely ones and there are some great deals in the sale.

dingit Fri 26-Jun-15 22:22:51

Mine arrived today smile half price in sale, so £89

SinglePringle Fri 26-Jun-15 22:32:21

Not a fan. Think they're dull dressed up as imaginative.

pinkfrocks Fri 26-Jun-15 22:40:47

oh my goodness, they are just bags. Having one under the age of 60 is not a crime and it's quite insulting to suggest it is.

carrie74 Fri 26-Jun-15 22:44:38

I liked them when I was younger, and always found them to be well made, and well-laid out (good number of pockets and compartments and good sizing), but discovered Mulberrys and had a love affair with them for 15 years. Then at Christmas I got a Grosvenor (the one that has the long strap and the grab handles), and I think it's great. I'm less keen on the "standard issue" Radleys, but I have to say I think the quality of the brand as a whole is excellent.

pixiestix Fri 26-Jun-15 22:45:45

They are really good quality and they last and last. Go for it!

DameDiazepamTheDramaQueen Fri 26-Jun-15 23:08:32

What bags do you like Meg?

ChablisTyrant Fri 26-Jun-15 23:26:59

I've got a black radley bag for work and it's a decade old. Still in fantastic condition.

JaceLancs Fri 26-Jun-15 23:30:51

I have had radley bags for years but went off the styling recently
Tried jigsaw which were terrible quality wise
Mint velvet have been ok but sometimes a bit too much detail for me
Currently I have 2 jaeger bags a tan one and a black one, also a pale grey autograph from M + S

FraggleHair Sat 27-Jun-15 01:24:56

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

FraggleHair Sat 27-Jun-15 01:29:36

I'm not a fan either.

But they're only bags. If you love them you love them but there's no need to get so defensive.

kickassangel Sat 27-Jun-15 03:36:14

I like the number and arrangement of the pockets and compartments. I had a fairly cheap one and it lasted for years and years, as did the purse I had.

Never had anything more expensive, but I was impressed with the quality.

eurochick Sat 27-Jun-15 04:22:05

That little dog makes me feel stabby. I have no idea why I have such a strong reaction to it.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now