Talk

Advanced search

Staying stylish on Holiday.

(15 Posts)
glitteryflange Fri 26-Jun-15 16:21:27

What are your top buys for staying stylish and well put together on holiday?

FauxFox Fri 26-Jun-15 17:19:48

Shellac toes and fingers, a wardrobe that you can mix and match with non-creasing fabrics, sun protect hairspray stuff and a few 'statement' bits (sandals/jewellery/scarf/hat etc)

laflaca Fri 26-Jun-15 17:24:04

sunglasses and mozzie repellent

carrie74 Fri 26-Jun-15 19:35:14

Plan your wardrobe before you go making sure everything mixes and matches. Natural fabrics to minimise sweatiness. Dresses for sightseeing tend to look more elegant (but I'm still partial to my shorts). Big sunglasses.

Sammasati Fri 26-Jun-15 19:39:41

Packing clothing that can be layered and clothes that can be easily mixed and matched. Footwear that is comfortable and allow feet to breath is a must.

MuttonCadet Fri 26-Jun-15 19:41:22

My holiday wardrobe is black and white so that everything matches and I only need 4 pairs of shoes, one hat, one pair of sunnies.

LoadsaBlusher Fri 26-Jun-15 21:08:07

I always plan my outfits before I go , including trying everything on.
I know that sounds really sad but it makes me feel totally relaxed going away , knowing what I can put together.
I take cami tops , patterned cigarette trousers, playsuits , kimono floaty tops for breezy nights and I have lots of statement necklaces , cuffs etc to jazz everything up.
Take two Wonderbra ultimate strapless bras , one black , one nude as I think bra straps showing under vests / dresses are a big style no no.
Always have my make up on every evening
Hands and feet both with coral or nude polish , but that's all year anyway , not just for hols.
I love planning my holiday wardrobe , start as soon as I book my holidays ...
blush

MrsJackAubrey Fri 26-Jun-15 21:14:17

how long are you going away for Mutton, to need 'only' four pairs of shoes? I think I'm missing something.

Heyho111 Fri 26-Jun-15 21:18:03

Maxi dresses and a pair of jewelled sandals. I took five maxi dresses last year bought from oasis and warehouse in the summer sale just before I went and alternated them for the fortnight.

BlueEyedWonder Fri 26-Jun-15 21:29:49

A fairly neutral wardrobe of black and white with splashes of khaki and mid blue so everything can be mixed and matched.
A straw hat, sunglasses, tan leather tote bag. Leather clutch bag.
Flat leather sandals, flipflops, wedge espadrilles.

MuttonCadet Sat 27-Jun-15 14:30:23

Makes no difference the length of time I go away for, outfits need matching shoes.

So I take flats in black and white, and heels in black and white.

glitteryflange Sat 27-Jun-15 16:39:41

Loadsa blusher that sounds like me! Got to have the pre holiday cat walk in my new clobber.

yellowcurtains Sat 27-Jun-15 20:43:32

Metallic sandals for evening, take up very little room in luggage.

LoadsaBlusher Sun 28-Jun-15 00:15:43

YY to metallic sandals.
I have flat gold leather gladiator style sandals for evening.
Most of my accessories are gold so it's easy to Mix and match.
Take one other pair - Havannais flip flops for easy on- off at the pool.
Love a good try on session Glittery

FraggleHair Sun 28-Jun-15 02:41:21

Some great sunglasses and a panama hat are essentials.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now