Talk

Advanced search

Macs, trenches & similar

(9 Posts)
sergeantmajor Fri 26-Jun-15 14:59:53

I'm finding it hard to find a good lightweight thigh-length coat for wearing on wet days.
Have ordered from Mango and Hush and sent both back for looking kinda cheap.
I just want something classic, not granny-ish, not too many fancy bits, in a good material.
I thought it would be so easy. Please let me know if you come across any good ones!

Catswiththumbs Fri 26-Jun-15 15:02:35

I got a lovely one from zara last year. There is also one in the all saints sale that looks nice online but I haven't seen it in the flesh.

PetiteBateau Fri 26-Jun-15 15:03:26

I' ve been searching for the same with no luck so far

OneHandFlapping Fri 26-Jun-15 15:10:24

Massimo Dutti had some nice ones earlier in the year.

I wanted a black one for work though and no one does them for summer. Still the winter stuff will be in soon....

WhiteHairReally Fri 26-Jun-15 16:58:42

I was looking too. I wanted single breasted too. M and S had some rather jolly colours but the fit was all wrong on me. Anything that accommodated Norks ( reason for single line of buttons) was too big elsewhere.
Friend got a nice, double breasted mack from Hobbs. For much more than M and S, I'm guessing. 'Investment purchase?'

Libitina Fri 26-Jun-15 17:04:10

Boden has the best macs ever!

Well, apart from Apple, lol. wink

Libitina Fri 26-Jun-15 17:05:05

I also have rather stupendous norkage and mine fits lovely.

sergeantmajor Fri 26-Jun-15 17:18:38

Good tips! Really helpful!

I am deciding between this one from Massimo Dutti and this one from All Saints

mewkins Fri 26-Jun-15 20:43:51

Inhave just bought a lovely navy trech from Warehouse in the sale. I have been searching for years and it's just what I wanted. Obviously far too warm for a jacket now but will be great for autumn and spring.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now