Talk

Advanced search

Help me with my skin!

(11 Posts)
VacantExpression Fri 26-Jun-15 10:59:05

Hi,

I need recommendations of something I can use after moisturiser to stop my combination (I think) skin becoming oily and help makeup stay put in the warm weather.
I have terrible acne but quite dry skin usually if that makes any sense, but as soon as its warm makeup seems to slide off my face before I leave the house.
I use a mattifying moisturiser with SPF already.

Thank you!

laurennoon1 Fri 26-Jun-15 12:02:51

Message deleted by MNHQ. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.

VacantExpression Fri 26-Jun-15 12:49:22

Hope I haven't said something wrong?

OttiliaVonBCup Fri 26-Jun-15 12:54:18

Can't see anything wrong with your post.

Can't help with what you're asking, but definitely nothing wrong.

Buttwing Fri 26-Jun-15 12:55:43

No you've not said anything wrong I think maybe the next poster did? Sorry I can't help either!!

Indecisivejo Fri 26-Jun-15 13:01:34

What skin care do u currently use?
This could be causing your problems.

PurpleDaisies Fri 26-Jun-15 13:08:03

It sounds like your moisturiser might be too rich if your make up is sliding off. What are you using?

Don't worry about the deletion straight after your first post. That poster was probably advertising something which is against the site guidelines.

VacantExpression Fri 26-Jun-15 13:10:26

I'm currently using Clinique cleansing bar and Body Shop seaweed moisturiser and weekly mask treatment. Occasionally use a mask from Lush too.

Have been trying to sort my skin for the last 4-5 years, found all the Clearasil and Freederm stuff too harsh. I don't have brand loyalty so have changed a lot although always bought for combination or troubled skin and not found my skin gets worse (or better, sadly) with anything?

keely79 Fri 26-Jun-15 13:10:46

I've had good success with Effaclar by La Roche Posay as a light, non oily moisturiser which is good for acne. I then use Laura Mercier Primer (no silicone, which is good if you have acne, as others can block pores) followed by Nars tinted moisturiser which has SPF30.

LondonHuffyPuffy Fri 26-Jun-15 13:24:45

That poster has been deleted on at least one other thread. I think it's spam.

I use Estee Lauder Perfectionist which seems to stay put. I also have combination skin

Indecisivejo Fri 26-Jun-15 14:46:01

Cleanser is too harsh and so is moisturiser, these are both stripping your skin of natural oils and making your skin produce more to compensate for this, this is why your skin is unbalanced (talking from experience!)
U need a gentle non foaming cleanser removed with a warm soft flannel (I don't like balms I think they leave an irritating residue if not removed properly and removing properly is just too much for my skin)
I would say u need a richer moisturiser to give your skin back some of the oils you are stripping. Then let your skin balance and repair itself. I personally would say use only fragrance free products too. (I am actually a qualified beauty therapist, although I do have issues with my own skin I'm better at giving advice than taking it lol)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now