Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

How strong/resilient are Vivienne of Holloway dresses?

(8 Posts)
caramelgirl Fri 26-Jun-15 09:24:33

Want to wear my wedding dress to our goodbye UK do, it will fit well with theme BUT it has been a few years.
The dress does up and I can just about breathe, tho' bending may be trickier. No back fat issue (asked my v critical honest mum's opinion).
So, it looks great, I don't mind it being a bit uncomfy. I've been belatedly sticking rigidly to low carb but only a week to go.
My question is how likely is it to rip or fall apart?
TIA

squizita Fri 26-Jun-15 10:12:07

Strong enough. grin I've not heard of anyone busting out of one and I regularly attend events where many of the repro wearing ladies have VoH dresses.

caramelgirl Fri 26-Jun-15 10:14:12

Oh good, that is very reassuring. Thank you. Will just have to take shallow breaths. At least it will mean I don't stuff myself (no space!).
Ribs definitely expanded from having children (and er, waistline too a bit)

squizita Fri 26-Jun-15 10:17:55

I have several original 50s dresses I fear to try on post pregnancy! Partly fear of seam busting and partly fear of sticky banana covered hands.

Teladi Fri 26-Jun-15 10:18:54

I've found mine to be well made and would have no concerns. I have three., two in one size and one in another, and have definitely worn the smaller one when it's been a little tight, after the meal I went into the toilet and stood with it unzipped for a few glorious minutes grin

caramelgirl Fri 26-Jun-15 10:52:27

Gosh the banana stickiness gets everywhere.
So general consensus is seams should hold. Will try it and hope!

caramelgirl Mon 06-Jul-15 06:11:54

It held up easily for the whole party and it felt so nice to wear.
Thank you very much for the advice to go for it. V glad I squeezed myself into it.
Tho' we did attract some raised eyebrows as we swished/swaggered around Canary Wharf in full dress up rig after the party- more panic expat shopping!

Tizwailor Mon 06-Jul-15 08:10:55

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now