Talk

Advanced search

Having botox tomorrow! Questions...

(9 Posts)
Tatianararanova Thu 25-Jun-15 23:46:50

Booked in with a Doctor in central London to have botox tomorrow. He's well known, came recommended on here.

Just a few questions that those of you who have had it could answer..

How much does it hurt? Is it like an injection at the dentist?

Is there an immediate change? I know the main change takes 4 hours but does anything happen immediately?

Can botox lift your eyes? Or help droopy eyelids?

Will anyone be able to tell I've had it?

MargoReadbetter Fri 26-Jun-15 05:00:01

It doesn't hurt. It takes longer than 4 hours to see an effect if this is your first time. Minimal effect on droopy eyelids AFAIK. People can't tell unless you overdo it (the Cpt Spock eyebrows). Good luck.

Itsalldramarama Fri 26-Jun-15 09:18:12

Doesn't really hurt smile don't be disappointed but there will be no effect until at leat day 5 then maximum effect after 10-14 days
Who told you 4 hours ?
Not to lie down or rub face for 4 hours in case displace botox
Don't wear any make up before hand then you won't have to worry about rubbing to remove it smile

sonata1 Fri 26-Jun-15 09:43:51

No worse than going to the dentist. You may have some bruising so don't plan any big occasions for a week. Keep upright until the evening and no saunas or hot baths. Keep making silly faces and squinting, wrinkling your nose frequently through the day to get the botox well into the muscles.You may feel a bit queasy and have a slight headache. I do. Don't expect to see anything for about 5 days. After 10-14 days you will have maximum effect. Be warned,,, once you see how awake and refreshed you look you won't want to go back to the old you..so can be expensive !

specialsubject Fri 26-Jun-15 11:49:18

be aware that it may not work at all. It has been tried for medical reasons in this house and failed.

flux500 Fri 26-Jun-15 12:17:26

I have it done in the morning and can see some results by the evening and I have had it 3 times with the same happening each time. Not the full result by any means but for me there is a difference.

I wasn't expecting it to hurt the first time but it is a needle going on and it does feel like that so its a scratch and then you can feel the needle. Maybe it's worse for me as I have a small face with a very firm forehead (I only get it on my 11s)

The last time I went back for the Spock fix I did end up with one eyelid sitting lower than the other. Not a droop by any means but not symmetrical either. I can live with it as Botox gives me brilliant results and I will continue to have it. I could have gone back and got it corrected but it's hard to slip out having two little ones and a husband around!

Etsyqueen Fri 26-Jun-15 12:26:35

not to lie down or rub face for 4 hours in case displace botox shock
I couldn't manage that, I'd doze off and wake up to find the Botox in rammed into my scalp!

chipsandpeas Fri 26-Jun-15 12:35:45

noting immediately, always takes about 7-10 days til i see any difference

its not sore imo and ive never had any massive bruising, last time i got it down i did have a slight bruise but makeup covered it up

PisforPeter Fri 26-Jun-15 15:54:57

It's amazing!!!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now