Talk

Advanced search

What to wear on night out with new DPs friends.

(9 Posts)
TickledOnion Thu 25-Jun-15 17:27:57

I normally live in skinny jeans and would just put a nice top with them for a night out but I want to make a bit of an effort.
I'm 37, size 12-14, curvy. I usually shop in oasis, warehouse, h&m etc. I've looked for a dress but I suit a structured dress in a stiffish fabric which either looks work-like or overdressed for a bar.
Any ideas please?

notnowImreading Thu 25-Jun-15 17:29:51

What about a plain t-shirt with a fancy skirt? My most stylish friend wears this most times we go out. She always has one half casual one half fancy.

TickledOnion Thu 25-Jun-15 19:50:23

I'm scared of skirts! The only style that suits me is a pencil skirt with a top tucked in. Not sure how to make that look like anything other than a work outfit.

Maybe a coated pencil skirt, with heels and a plain grey t-shirt? Or a denim pencil skirt?

Here Black

Warehouse

This is lovely irl

BangingTheDrums Thu 25-Jun-15 20:31:22

Love the whistles skirt remus. What would you wear with it?

Probably just a cami and a denim jacket, or a plain t-shirt like one of the Whistles seamed back ones, or a denim shirt if not too long - depends what the night out is tbh. And heels.

TickledOnion Thu 25-Jun-15 21:35:46

I can see that would look good but I think I'd look frumpy in it. What do you think of this kind of outfit?

BangingTheDrums Fri 26-Jun-15 07:29:18

Thanks remus. Gutted it's sold out!

squizita Fri 26-Jun-15 10:15:07

If you go for a print on the skirt or top or a statement necklace it will look less office style. Or indeed just a non neutral skirt colour (so not black, grey, brown) - a bold colour with neutral top?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now