Talk

Advanced search

Best place to buy perfume in Paris

(18 Posts)
Dellabob123 Thu 25-Jun-15 15:50:22

Hi,
I'm off to lovely Paris in a couple of weeks, staying in the Latin quarter. I'd like to take the opportunity to try some amazing perfumes. Where do you recommend I go when I have about 3 hours of shopping time?
Thank you smile

squeaver Thu 25-Jun-15 16:00:15

I'm not a perfume expert, but I would go to one of the Le Labo shops (St Germain or Marais) just for the experience of choosing your scent and then they print a label with your name on it. Very cool.

Le Labo

ElksCrossing Thu 25-Jun-15 17:31:10

If you go to the Marais, also make sure to visit the Etat Libre d'Orange boutique - they make some beautiful, interesting scents:

etatlibredorange.com/en/flagship-store

FrugalFashionista Thu 25-Jun-15 17:56:03

Paris is a perfume heaven so there are lots of lovely places to visit but my #1 would be the Guerlain boutique. They have lots of boutique lines that I really like.

MrsSchadenfreude Thu 25-Jun-15 18:18:35

You need to go to Jovoy for amazing perfumes. It is a lovely shop, and they let you wander and sniff at your leisure - no pressure at all. They do an amazing book/catalogue free of charge as well.

The revamped Guerlain shop on the Champs Elysees is probably worth a look as well, if you like Guerlain, as they do a load of scents there that you won't find anywhere else. Also Parfums de Nicolai (lots of little shops around town), Annick Goutal, Frederic Malle (next door to each other on Victor Hugo).

MrsSchadenfreude Thu 25-Jun-15 18:20:18

Don't waste your time in Sephora or the department stores as they won't offer anything that Selfridges doesn't.

Dellabob123 Fri 26-Jun-15 09:10:58

Thanks ladies. I'll share my haul when I get back smile
On another note, will the Sephora there stock Korean beauty/skincare? I'm also obsessed with that too...

luckygirl322 Fri 26-Jun-15 15:09:26

Guerlain, Guerlain, Guerlain!

FrugalFashionista Fri 26-Jun-15 15:39:15

Dellabob euro Sephoras have a few products, Erborist and Herborian iirc, but unfortunately nothing like the US. Let them know that you'd like to buy Korean and ask for recommendations, LMVH are definitely testing the waters in Europe too and ready to roll out more if there is sufficient customer demand.

I strongly support a visit to Jovoy, Goutal and Nicolai, love them all. ELDO and Le Labo do good ans relatively inexpensive mail order sample sets, the rest are easier to test instore. Take along a paperback and a pencil, write down the names of your favorites and use them as bookmarks, you'll get a fragrant souvenir!

FrugalFashionista Fri 26-Jun-15 15:41:34

Erborian at Sephora

FrugalFashionista Fri 26-Jun-15 15:45:03

Herborist, a Chinese line at Sephora. I always confuse the two as their names are too similar.

ZaraW Fri 26-Jun-15 15:56:06

Arabian Oud on the Champs-Elysees would be one of my choices.

kiwigirl42 Sat 27-Jun-15 01:40:57

Visit Serge Lutens and try some amazing perfumes including my favourites Tuberuese Criminelle & Louve

www.sergelutens.com

kiwigirl42 Sat 27-Jun-15 01:43:06

Visit Serge Lutens and try my favourites Tuberuese Criminelle and Louve.

www.sergelutens.com

MrsSchadenfreude Sat 27-Jun-15 08:44:01

There's Arabian Oud on Oxford Street, and Selfridges do Serge Lutens.

thecatfromjapan Sat 27-Jun-15 12:08:10

You can only get the limited Lutens in the Psris shop, though.
I'm a bit jealous.
Have a lovely time, OP.

BakeItOff Sat 27-Jun-15 12:18:24

Atelier Cologne

I'm also jealous!

Dellabob123 Sat 27-Jun-15 12:29:26

So exciting, thanks ladies

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now