Talk

Advanced search

Would a regular facial help my tired looking skin?

(9 Posts)
clottedcreamteawithscone Thu 25-Jun-15 10:32:22

Im 48 and am looking my age! My face looks tired and seems to have lost its glow ... wondering if I have a regular facial say once every couple of weeks it would help?

dressingpalette Thu 25-Jun-15 10:36:35

Maybe.

Do you cleanse and tone etc? If not start with that. I just bought a cleansing brush too and am really liking it!

FrugalFashionista Thu 25-Jun-15 10:38:45

Why don't you build a regular home routine instead? I'm 42 and was feeling a bit gray and worn and adding regular chemical exfoliation (Nip+ Fab glycolic acid pads) and good hydration (I found Asian stuff like sheet masks but a good hydrating serum would help too) has worked wonders for me. The glow is back! Good luck!

clottedcreamteawithscone Thu 25-Jun-15 11:11:42

thanks Frugal - Ive found the products here but havent a clue what to buy - which of these would you suggest...
which products

hippospot Thu 25-Jun-15 11:17:11

What is your current regime?

How is your diet?

Do you smoke or drink?

I think there's a lot you can do before spending money on facials (though I do love facials!)

FrugalFashionista Thu 25-Jun-15 11:20:24

I use these twice a week after having cleansed my face first. If your skin tolerates acids well, you can up them to once a day. If your skin becomes extremely shiny and tight, you have overexfoliated, if this happens, scale back. Some people with extremely sensitive skin cannot use acids at all.

A out half an hour after them, I use non-greasy hydration that plumps up my skin so that it looks more glowy and fine lines disappear. Anything with hyaluronic acid or butulene glycol seems to work for my skin type. I'm into Korean stuff now but Eucerin 5% urea is good too and my winter staple.

Chemical exfoliation makes your face more prone to sun damage, so use a high spf sunscreen every day. My favorite sunscreen is Biore Watery Essence spf 50, I order it from Japan via Amazon.

clottedcreamteawithscone Thu 25-Jun-15 11:20:43

Dont smoke, drink (wine) only weekends maybe only Fri or the Sat sometimes.

Im probably a stone overweight and am trying to clean eat and drink water instead of tea or coffee all day

I also probably need to get more sleep averaing 6 hours atm

clottedcreamteawithscone Thu 25-Jun-15 11:22:02

I also use the Garnier water 3 in 1 makeup remover which you dont have to wash off

clottedcreamteawithscone Thu 25-Jun-15 11:25:55

thanks frugal - I have slightly oily skin so use oil free products and was told or I'd read that exfoliating only increases lots of oil so not to do???

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now