Talk

Advanced search

If you have semi permanent eyebrows.....

(15 Posts)
GingerLemonTea Wed 24-Jun-15 21:21:12

What is the maintenance like?
How often do you need top ups?
If they were left to fade would it look odd/ is it never ending upkeep?
What do you do about the growth of your natural eyebrows? I get a lot of fine hairs underneath which I usually get threaded.

Thanks

TheCraicDealer Wed 24-Jun-15 21:34:54

OMG DO IT.

- I get mine topped up every six months, although I'm going to look at that again because my eyebrow lady has put her prices up. I think if you left it two years they'd probably disappear altogether.
- Mine fade evenly, no issues about them being patchy or anything.
- Although I have mine tattooed on I still top them up each day with brow pomade/wax. It's my preference, probably because strong brows are in and I'm very impressionable. But you could get away without it.
- I just sort of pluck around them using the tattoo as a guide. I keep meaning to get the underneath threaded because it makes eyeshadow look way better, but never got round to it.

I have brown (well, naturally brown) hair and blonde sparse brows. I did it because I sick of looking at myself out of the shower/pool/during hot weather when my make up melted off and thinking "Eugh". It seems daft to someone with brows but they really do transform your face.

GingerLemonTea Wed 24-Jun-15 21:49:37

I have similar hair & brows. If I don't draw them in they are almost invisible yet over the years my hair has went from baby blonde to light brown.
Not a good look.

TheCraicDealer Wed 24-Jun-15 21:52:21

I know, my face had zero definition. I looked like a thumb.

KatieScarlettreregged Wed 24-Jun-15 21:55:16

I just get mine waxed and dyed every 4 weeks.
I look like Mrs Potato Head au naturel.

Melonfool Wed 24-Jun-15 23:02:25

Is this what people mean when they refer to HD brows?

I have an over plucking problem and wondered if this might solve it.

hairypaws Wed 24-Jun-15 23:08:11

I wouldn't bother tattooing tbh, waste of money if you ask me. Mine faded fairly quickly and I don't want to keep forking out more on them.

I bought Maybeline eyebrow pencil thingy, one end is a pencil, other is a powder. I love it, cheap, really defines and very easy to use. I'd stick to something like this, looks good too although I do have brows, they're just really blonde. Don't know what's best for over plucking.

GingerLemonTea Thu 25-Jun-15 22:16:33

I think HD brows are different & don't last as long.

Mine are virtually non-existent due to alopecia, but my hair is very dark and I am pale skinned so tinting etc no good. I've also tried the rapid brow stuff, some improvement but nowhere near enough. I hate the fact that no matter how well I draw them in every morning they come off when I'm swimming, exercising or sweating for any reason, so I keep thinking about this. Where did you get yours done TheCraicDealer?

MrsTattoo Thu 25-Jun-15 22:49:28

I had mine tattooed on in March 2014 after illness caused them to completely fall out, they have kind of regrown now so I just pluck around the tattoo and trim as needed. I haven't had mine topped up at all yet but will be booking an appointment soon just to change the shape slightly.
I would say go for it, I love waking up in the morning and not having to pencil/powder them on grin

Tequilashotfor1 Thu 25-Jun-15 22:52:44

My friend actually does the micro blade one and they look fab!

Melonfool Thu 25-Jun-15 23:17:28

What's "rapid brow"?

It's an expensive serum (£30+ IIRC) which is supposed to make sparse brows grow back. You can get it in Boots. It did make mine grow back a bit, but they were still very sparse and when I stopped it they went back to how they were before.

Melonfool Fri 26-Jun-15 16:40:16

Thank you WhoKnows, I will have a look at that.

I found a huge Boots near work today.......um....and a Space NK!

LHReturns Fri 26-Jun-15 22:21:14

I tattoo my eyebrows and also have tattooed upper eyelid liner. Plus tinted and permed eyelashes (that I treat with Latisse every night). So as you can see, as well as clearly making far too big an effort (this all makes me sound quite desperate), it also means at nearly 40 I can get away with some foundation and lipgloss and already look fairly 'made up'. I just add shadow and thick mascara for an evening look.

The semi-permanent make up is re- touched every 6 months, and I find it extremely painful even with anaesthetic cream on for 45 minutes before.

But nevertheless I am a huge fan, find it no issue at all as the eyebrows fade...I love having well defined strong eyebrows. I really am no good at make up, and very lazy, so this is a much better answer for me.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now