Talk

Advanced search

Hair protection on the beach

(9 Posts)
balancingfigure Wed 24-Jun-15 15:12:39

On previous beach/pool holidays I have sometimes used hair products that supposedly protect hair from the sun, salt etc. I am now more budget conscious and not really sure if the products did any good anyway.

Does anyone use things like this? Think they do any good?

thomashardon Wed 24-Jun-15 15:24:58

I just wear a hat now. I have very fine hair, and my parting always burns if I am out in the sun for long.

I really want to like spf sprays for hair, but what I have tried has been so foul and makes my hair feel so disgusting, that I now just resort to wearing a hat (although I know it's not practical if you are swimming!).

The Soltan spf spray for hair is only £4, but it was beyond rubbish. Ultrasun also do a product for hair, but I am worried it will be an expensive mistake.

Lynne2015 Wed 24-Jun-15 16:35:20

hi
A couple of years ago I bought the Boots - sun,swim and gym and it is rubbish so last year I splashed out on
Philip Kingsly - Swimcap, its amazing stuff worth every penny
I use it to protect my hair colour and to stop my hair drying out and I have enough left for this year

rabbitmummy Wed 24-Jun-15 16:38:48

I've got Phillip Kingsley Swimcap too, M&S sell it, I try and wait til they have their 20% off days!

specialsubject Wed 24-Jun-15 17:19:31

hat, fresh water rinse.

hair is dead anyway so doesn't matter if you sun-bleach it.

Marylou2 Wed 24-Jun-15 18:24:36

I use Cyclax Sun and Sea cream from Amazon. DD has waist length hair and I comb it through before a day in the pool and wash it out at night.I have highlighted hair and it protects it brilliantly. About £4 a tube so a fantastic price too. Leaves your hair really soft and shiny.

SwedeDreams Wed 24-Jun-15 18:37:32

I used this solar sublime ink{http://www.ebay.co.uk/bhp/loreal-solar-sublime\www.ebay.co.uk/bhp/loreal-solar-sublim]]e} in Mexico- my hair had gone to dry straw on previous beach holidays. Brilliant stuff. I had the shampoo to remove chlorine, the conditioner and the sun protection spray. No regrets at all - it smells gorgeous and my hair looked silky all holiday!

SwedeDreams Wed 24-Jun-15 18:38:46

Oh dear link fail. Loreal solar sublime. Got a set on eBay and it was worth every penny anyway!

Aridane Wed 24-Jun-15 18:58:51

The Boots one that is half oil, and you have to shake it to mix it, is awesome. Ok, you'll look a bit oiled up (or look like you have wet hair), but it really protects hair, incl against swimming in the sea.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now