Talk

Advanced search

I've discovered Vichy Aqualia serum and love it on my dehydrated skin. what (budget!) moisturiser would you suggest?

(26 Posts)
keeponkeepinon Wed 24-Jun-15 14:31:30

As above I have bought a bottle of the fabulous vichy aqualia therm serum. I think I have dehydrated akin and this is the only thing that has ever truly absorbed into my skin and leaves it soft. But now I think I am being let down by my moisturiser. I am still using up stuff for dry skin and I think its too heavy or something. My skin is a bit red on my cheeks and a wee bit spotty. Any budget buy moisturiser to go with the vichy would be much appreciated. I know there's lots of tall about sali Hughes and Caroline hirons but my bank account couldn't sustain it! Plus there are so many budget finds that can be superior anyway!

Charityworker34 Wed 24-Jun-15 14:52:51

I love this serum too! The Aqualia Thermal moisturiser is nice too, they have 2 versions- light and rich. About £16, a pot lasts me ages. Or my major favourite- LRP Hydraphase Intense Legere. It's £17 but I hang on for special offers on feelunique etc to get it cheaper. My skin is similar to yours

BumbleNova Wed 24-Jun-15 15:06:29

I agree its amazing! I love avene moisturisers, really good on my dehydrated sensitive skin. they do this in a light and a rich version.
www.boots.com/en/Eau-Thermale-Avene-Hydrance-Optimale-Rich-40ml_1110295/

Lottapianos Wed 24-Jun-15 15:19:23

I am dehydrated like you and I have used the Vichy serum with Astral moisturiser (about �3 in Superdrug or Boots). Its the most perfect moisturiser ever for my skin and I've never been tempted to try anything else.

By the way, I recently tried the Superdrug Simply Pure serum and in terms of hydrating and plumping, I think its just as good as Vichy. And its recommended by Sali Hughes. And it costs under �3. Just in case you fancy going budget on your serum too!

keeponkeepinon Wed 24-Jun-15 18:01:02

Charity- by lrp do you mean la roche posay? I keep hearing about this as well maybe I should look into it

Bumble - tbh I've used avene and I suspect it does not agree with my skin - I feel like I get these spots when I use it. Not proper spots but just bumps on the red sensitive bits of my skin. Mostly my cheeks. Though lots of people love avene so maybe its just me.

Lotta-I would never have thought to use astral, I have had it years ago but would think of it as being really heavy and thick now, does it sink in nicely? I imagine its similar to nivea blue pot?

I am most def trying the superdrug version - its kind of what prompted this thread as I started thinking about which moisturiser to try out. Its worth a go for under 3 quid!

Lottapianos Wed 24-Jun-15 21:53:24

Astral not as thick as Nivea. In the morning, it needs a good 5 mins to sink in before putting make up on but otherwise its all good. Never known anything like it for plumping and hydrating

keeponkeepinon Wed 24-Jun-15 22:25:19

Right I am going to try astral and test out superdrugs serum. Failing that it'll be aqualia moisturiser or la roche posay. Thanks!

keeponkeepinon Wed 24-Jun-15 22:30:57

Oh hang on...astral blue pot or astral soft?!

DrankSangriaInThePark Wed 24-Jun-15 22:45:33

Astral blue pot here too. Less gloopy than Nivea blue pot.

Melonfool Wed 24-Jun-15 22:53:09

I like the Waitrose Pure moisturiser and I've just bought a Superdrug serum in a new range called Optimum, only put it on tonight, seems fine. Maybe a little thinner than most serums (sera?).

yazzy85 Wed 24-Jun-15 23:48:31

Cerave PM is great, I tried it after it was recommended on the CH skincare thread.

margaritasbythesea Thu 25-Jun-15 07:16:00

thatsshallot Thu 25-Jun-15 07:39:34

Aldi Lacura serum every bit as good as Aqualia and only £3-49. Don't rate their face creams though, give me those bumps (as do L'Oreal and Garnier). Lush dream cream works well for me, as does LRP or Liz Earle

Kundry Thu 25-Jun-15 07:49:55

CeravePM. If you are a bit oily and spotty you prob won't get on with Nivea blue pot and likely not Astral either.

However if your skin is red on your cheeks and a bit spotty there rather than your jawline, are you sure you don't have rosacea?

Lottapianos Thu 25-Jun-15 08:07:14

I use Astral blue pot, never tried the 'soft' version

keeponkeepinon Thu 25-Jun-15 14:31:57

I wouldn't say I have particularly oily skin, but its not lacking in oil. I think its dehydrated. And the spots aren't proper ones, I feel I got them after starting on avene.
I am going to give the astral a go as if I don't get along with it I am certain it'll make a good body lotion instead. Lotta - its half price at the mo in superdrug. So is the serum!

keeponkeepinon Thu 25-Jun-15 14:54:00

Just to go the whole hog, what do you cleanse with?

Kundry Thu 25-Jun-15 17:12:21

Bumps on red sensitive bits of cheeks is quite suspicious for rosacea.

I cleanse with LRP Physiological Cleansing Gel or Cetaphil (don't wear makeup -when I do I use Avene Micellar Water first).

Key with cleansers is they should be non-foaming and no scrubby bits. And ignore any claims or fancy ingredients - they spend seconds on your skin before being removed.

If you are getting sensitive red cheeks I'd suggest LRP Rosaliac cleanser, you want as few ingredients as possible. And a physical sunblock everyday.

Foreverf Thu 30-Jul-15 16:58:22

Message deleted by MNHQ. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.

ffhousetouse Tue 04-Aug-15 20:49:42

Message deleted by MNHQ. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.

BeautifulBatman Tue 04-Aug-15 20:52:57

I currently cleanse with superdrug naturally radiant hot cloth cleanser. It's gorgeous. They do a really good 2in1 serum/moisturiser too in that range. I also use bodyshops vit e moisturiser. Not massively budget but not creme de la mer prices either.

HoneyDragon Tue 04-Aug-15 20:58:34

Before using Forever Flawless you can exfoliate with some Spam. (Reported as thus)

loveliesbleeding1 Tue 04-Aug-15 21:19:45

Me too*honey*.

Blueskies80 Tue 04-Aug-15 21:21:50

Bio oil is cheap and really good for my dehydrated skin under a moisturiser.

Coastingit Tue 04-Aug-15 21:25:41

Kundry what physical sunscreen do you recommend for skin like OP (and mine) ?

I'm using Aqualia serum too and like it, I have Cerave PM I'm using up but it's not moisturising enough for me. I have the Avene one mentioned above which is good and very soothing. I use Nivea blue pot at night - it never gives me spots and all the Hirons-ing in the world doesn't give as good results as Nivea, it noticeably de wrinkles my skin overnight. For day though - the Avene is very good but not my holy grail.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now