Talk

Advanced search

WHY did I never try double wear foundation before???!

(52 Posts)
GhostsComeWith Wed 24-Jun-15 13:35:20

I have awful skin - prone to redness, dry patches, oil slicks, spots, wrinkles - you name it, I've got it! I have tried a ton of make-ups and due to my oiliness they have slid off my nose and forehead within an hour or so leaving me all patchy looking.

I had read about double wear here but didn't pay much heed, till yesterday. I caught a glimpse of myself in a mirror at lunchtime and frightened myself! I went to the nearest department store and asked the lady on the counter about it.

She matched up my skin colour with her little gadget and tried a bit on and best of all gave me a little pot to try at home.

I put it on this morning at 8.15 am, my complexion was the best it has looked in years when I put it on. I really couldn't believe it! I have just checked it there now in the mirror and it is STILL perfect!

I could cry with joy! I am in my early 40's and feel like I have wasted years with crap looking make up / skin.....

I am buying the full size bottle after work!

TealFanClub Wed 24-Jun-15 13:38:16

is it cakey though?
i like a dewy look

GhostsComeWith Wed 24-Jun-15 13:44:43

It is not cakey at all. It has just transformed my skin to how I wish it would look naturally.

I was using bare essentials liquid mineral foundation - now that was cakey! disaster on my skin.

It is only my first day wearing it, but a colleague did tell me I was looking rested today!

Probably best to get a match for your skin colour and a tester pot?

dalek Wed 24-Jun-15 13:51:46

Does it come off on your hands or work clothes? I am bait of a face toucher and foundation ends up all over my paperwork.

StayGoldPonyBoy Wed 24-Jun-15 13:54:10

I loved it for a week but it gave me horrible cystic acne and made my eczema flare up sad It really does have the loveliest finish, doesn't transfer and doesn't separate or crack around my nose or mouth so I'm gutted about it!

Estee Lauder counters will colour match you and give you a 10 day sample. This is what I did so I never ended up paying out for something I didn't agree with. Deffo worth it.

Northumberlandlass Wed 24-Jun-15 13:57:03

I love it. I don't wear anything else - lovely dewy look with good coverage for my broken veins !

bluejeanswhiteshirt Wed 24-Jun-15 14:08:52

Definitely going to try this! Mac used to look so good but since pregnancy etc. my skin hates it.

LAB123 Wed 24-Jun-15 14:17:22

I've worn Estée Lauder Double Wear for about 5 years and love it. Bought a cheapo one for holiday in darker shade and it was awful. Reminded me why I don't try other foundations. I'm 34 with oily, spot prone skin and it's great and I don't get flare ups.

dontwanttobeoutedtoday Wed 24-Jun-15 14:19:41

I found double wear had started to look a bit 'mask' like on me, bought ysl fusion ink when double wear last ran out,absolutely hate it, can't wait to use it up sou can go back to double wear, have not found anything to compare to it ever.

TealFanClub Wed 24-Jun-15 14:34:06

do any of oyu have dry skin?

HappenstanceMarmite Wed 24-Jun-15 14:43:51

Do they have to strip you of all existing makeup before you can be colour matched at the beauty counter? shock

cuntyMcCunterson Wed 24-Jun-15 14:54:42

I love it, recommend it to everyone.
teal I have dry skin around my nose and mouth and an occasionally in my forehead, some foundations really emphasise this but I don't find this with double wear. I like double wear light for holidays or if i just want to wear a lighter coverage.

FelixFelix Wed 24-Jun-15 14:55:40

I'm allergic to it. It makes me so sad because it's literally the most perfect foundation for me sad

SqueezyCheeseWeasel Wed 24-Jun-15 14:56:48

I find it wayyyy too heavy and high coverage.

SqueezyCheeseWeasel Wed 24-Jun-15 14:57:02

Mask-like.

AMcoffeeLover Wed 24-Jun-15 15:03:23

I love double wear too! The original on work days, light version at the weekend!
Not had a bare face in years, I think I'm in love with the "me" time every morning and evening putting it on and taking it off.
Their slogan should be "gives you great skin and sanity!"

SwedeDreams Wed 24-Jun-15 19:20:05

I have dry skin and althoug doublewear is a good coverage, it cakes on me. Shane as I bought it after reading about in on here and I can see it would be good if you don't have aged lizard like skin.

Anyone tried that Dior star foundation?

30andtired Wed 24-Jun-15 19:47:21

I have dry skin and Double Wear cakes on me, think it's preferred by oily skinned ladies. Dior star is very oily and literally slid off my face. I prefer Luminous Silk, Studio Fix Fluid or Kat Von D...all three have full coverage, last and not too drying nor too oily.

Cloggal Wed 24-Jun-15 21:08:41

Love doublewear for full make up days, light for days where I don't need so much. Ideal for my oily skin. Has anyone tried the doublewear BB or Cc (can't remember which)?

cannaethink Wed 24-Jun-15 21:13:29

happen I was colour matched today and the lady just took off my make up along my jaw line, then touched it all back up for me before I left.
I'm looking forward to trying it properly tomorrow!

Annarose2014 Wed 24-Jun-15 21:31:40

I can't wear it, I'm normal to dry and it looks a bit cakey and ageing on me. Shame, as it lasts and lasts and lasts and covers everything.

I find the Rimmel Lasting Finish to be far better for dry skin. Decent coverage and great staying power but a lot creamier and more moisturising.

almondcakes Wed 24-Jun-15 21:54:30

Do people use their doublewear with or without primer?

AMcoffeeLover Wed 24-Jun-15 22:34:29

I use no7 instant illusions primer under it

ImBrian Wed 24-Jun-15 23:05:01

I'm still using my sample of this and it's great, I only use a tiny bit so it's not too heavy and it lasts all day. It also doesn't seem to settle into wrinkles etc like some of the cheaper ones I've tried.
What's the light version like? I use so little of this one it might be a better version for me.

HiawathaDidntBotherTooMuch Wed 24-Jun-15 23:07:38

I have dry skin and it cakes on me and is very ageing.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now