Talk

Advanced search

Coast selling webiste - is it legit?

(16 Posts)
WellTidy Wed 24-Jun-15 13:12:37

www.labistrain.com

This website has in stock a skirt that I cannot find in Coast, House of Fraser, Debenhams or John Lewis, in my size. It is a Coast skirt. I'm wondering if the website is legit. Can anyone tell please?

FallingGoldfinch Wed 24-Jun-15 13:19:50

No idea about the clothes, but if the text is anything to go by . . . confused

MirandaWest Wed 24-Jun-15 13:22:34

I don't feel entirely comfortable with not being able to find any actual contact details for them on their website apart from an email address.

firesidechat Wed 24-Jun-15 13:29:02

It looks like English isn't their first language and there is no geographical address for their business, which is illegal. Both of those would put me off.

firesidechat Wed 24-Jun-15 13:29:58

It doesn't look right, so probably isn't right.

firesidechat Wed 24-Jun-15 13:35:58

One more thing - I strongly suspect that this is a Chinese website, although the delivery time is fairly short. The clothes may be fine, but I doubt it is an official Coast item.

FallingGoldfinch Wed 24-Jun-15 13:46:06

What are you after? There's always someone on MN who can find it.

SaveOurBogBrushes Wed 24-Jun-15 14:05:58

www.scamadviser.com/check-website/labistrain.com

WellTidy Wed 24-Jun-15 14:08:45

That's good to know. I won't chance it.

I am after a size 10 petite skirt called meslita, its like a peach colour. I can find it in larger sizes, but not in a 10. I've checked the coast website, house of fraser and john lewis. And no coast store near me or where I work sells petite stuff.

WellTidy Wed 24-Jun-15 14:09:15

and I've tried debenhams website too.

SaveOurBogBrushes Wed 24-Jun-15 14:09:38

Personally I wouldn't apparently the site's based in the US and according to scamadvisor is a legit website but without Paypal protection I don't think it's worth it. There's loads of Karen Millen and Coast fakes these days and quite a few fake KM websites so wouldn't be surprised if this is a fake coast website.

SaveOurBogBrushes Wed 24-Jun-15 14:12:16

There have been a couple sell on ebay in a 10 over the last few days, I'd keep a look on that.

WellTidy Wed 24-Jun-15 14:28:31

I hadn't thought of ebay, thanks. I will buy the beaded top and hold onto it, incase I can then get hold of the skirt.

burnishedsilver Wed 24-Jun-15 18:04:41

If you love it and can get your hands on a 12 you could have it taken in.

WellTidy Wed 24-Jun-15 18:28:48

I was thinking that burnished. I have orddered a 12, and I will see. Or I could make an effort to eat loads of cake and then maybe the 12 would fit me without it needing to be altered smile

Fluffycloudland77 Wed 24-Jun-15 18:29:57

I was going to suggest buying a larger size and getting it taken in.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now