Talk

Advanced search

If I am a 10 in Topshop, in Zara I will be...

(14 Posts)
MrsTShelby Wed 24-Jun-15 10:47:01

Medium for tops?
How do their jeans size up? Have seen some stuff online in the sale I like but I don't live anywhere near a Zara. I wear a lot of Topshop where I am a 10 and Hush where I am XS.

Any seasoned Zara buyers with tips on sizing?

Zorion Wed 24-Jun-15 10:53:36

I would have thought a small unless you are busty. I have mostly M in Zara and couldn't get a 10 in top shop, am a 10-12

MsBojangles Wed 24-Jun-15 11:08:34

Medium, probably.

museumum Wed 24-Jun-15 11:10:21

Totally unpredictable!

I'm a 12 and have mediums that are bordering on big and tried a large dress that was too small in my bust sad

FallingGoldfinch Wed 24-Jun-15 11:15:08

I'm a 12 -

at the weekend I bought:

jeans in a 12 (perfect)

two blouses - one in L, one in XL; they're not that baggy and the arms on the L just fit and no more

sleeveless vest things in a medium, but they're far too short

arms are often really really tight with Zara, trousers are very long (think that's because they expect you to get them tailored to your length though); often I can't get into tops at all

shoes are pretty accurately sized

size up in jackets and coats

clothes for kids once they're past baby stage are big I find

It's VERY hit and miss.

FallingGoldfinch Wed 24-Jun-15 11:16:10

forgot the velvet kimony thingy in a small that is massive!

FallingGoldfinch Wed 24-Jun-15 11:16:30

('kimono' even . . . )

BumbleNova Wed 24-Jun-15 11:22:28

zara sizing i find is a bit mad. I am also a topshop 10. sometimes small in zara, sometimes extra small. you really have to try things on. i cant do zara trousers - they are cut for 6ft women who do not have an ar$e. they are too big round the waist for me and too tight round the bum.

MrsTShelby Wed 24-Jun-15 11:41:59

Sounds like I may have to make the journey to Zara after all!

Unfortunately I am not busty and am also just under 5ft3" so their clothes probably aren't really cut for me.

I always love the styling on their website but I think I'm falling into that trap of imagining I look like that wearing the clothes...

Judydreamsofhorses Wed 24-Jun-15 12:00:11

I think you have to try on in Zara as it varies wildly. I'm a 10/12 in Topshop, Warehouse etc, and have Zara tops which are medium and large, and dresses in medium, large and bizarrely, extra small. (I am definitely not extra small.)

TealFanClub Wed 24-Jun-15 13:34:32

M in tops

BlankXpression Wed 24-Jun-15 16:07:19

I'm a busty size 12 for tops in Topshop (and most high street stores) and a large in Zara if that helps?

MrsTShelby Wed 24-Jun-15 17:45:04

To summarise my thread then if I am a 10 in Topshop I could be ANY size in Zara grin.

I will make the trip tomorrow to see if there is anything good left.

Runningupthathill82 Wed 24-Jun-15 17:53:59

I'm a 10 in Topshop, an 8 in Gap/M&S, and my last jacket from Zara was a large. Sizing is crazy there.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now