Talk

Advanced search

What do you think of this Anya bag?

(25 Posts)
BasicBetty Wed 24-Jun-15 10:45:13

I have an Anya Hindmarch credit note and have my eye on this bag which - joy of joys - has gone on sale.
Am looking for something fairly classic, but not dull. I think this has a nice twist with the two colours.

What say you S&B jury?

www.anyahindmarch.com/Families/The-Belvedere/Maxi-Soft-Belvedere/Black-5050925882590.html?start=16&cgid=Belvedere

BasicBetty Wed 24-Jun-15 13:10:00

Last nudge, I promise - then I will retreat to my paranoid corner!

Any views on this bag? Thanks.

LondonRocks Wed 24-Jun-15 13:11:44

Sorry, don't like it... A bit drab for my liking.

<ducks>

ChablisLover Wed 24-Jun-15 13:16:29

i like it

NomiMalone Wed 24-Jun-15 13:27:42

Really dislike.

Sorry :-/

Blamenargles Wed 24-Jun-15 13:32:40

sorry really don't like it aswell

i personaly think if your spending a decent amount of money on a bag they need to be time less

youngestisapyscho Wed 24-Jun-15 13:34:16

I'm not much of a handbag person, but that looks really drab and boring.

dangerrabbit Wed 24-Jun-15 13:34:35

The style is nice, not sure about the colour. How does it close at the top, or is is completely open?

BasicBetty Wed 24-Jun-15 14:12:42

Not a popular bag then! Thanks though.
Am wondering whether it does not photograph very well, as I think it looks great IRL - or maybe I have crap taste!
Dangerrabbit - it has a magnetic close tab thingy, so it does close at the top but not completely.

HelpMeGetOutOfHere Wed 24-Jun-15 14:14:09

sorry im not keen

SqueezyCheeseWeasel Wed 24-Jun-15 14:15:38

Nope. Tan and black, not a fan.

HelenF350 Wed 24-Jun-15 14:17:40

I don't like it either I'm afraid.

PookBob Wed 24-Jun-15 14:17:42

The design is quite appealing, but the contrast brown colour is just to dreary.

DragonWithAGirlTattoo Wed 24-Jun-15 14:19:01

are you really old? in that case - go for it

BasicBetty Wed 24-Jun-15 14:22:01

43 and a lawyer (planning to use for work) so probably sufficiently old and dull to suit the bag?!!

Will rethink - thanks flowers

dangerrabbit Sat 27-Jun-15 07:40:19

I have a plain black bag in a similar style, it has a zipped section for valuables which I find useful. I'd be concerned about security if it just closed with a magnetic close tab, especially since I get the tube so am in close proximity with random strangers on a regular basis.

KenDoddsDadsDog Sat 27-Jun-15 07:45:56

I love the bag but in the grey / mushroom colour . They have a beautiful wallet in the same line which is blue / grey that I covet .

HolgerDanske Sat 27-Jun-15 07:53:30

I have the older style belvedere in mid grey/mushroom and it's a beautiful bag, beatifully made. I expect this bag is much nicer IRL than it shows up in this picture. And FWIW I often feel that I would get a lot more use out of mine if I were working in a serious or weighty area like Law, so I think for your job it has just the right mix of luxury and gravitas.

If you love the bag to ahead and get it. I like a 'boring' bag because I'm not trying to be interesting with it.

HolgerDanske Sat 27-Jun-15 07:55:32

Or if you want just that little more 'pop' you could go for the one with the yellow panel. But that depends on what colours you usually wear, I suppose. If your wardrobe is based on greys/black/taupe/navy it could work very well.

HolgerDanske Sat 27-Jun-15 07:58:52

Oh and if the colour on that bag is anything near to mine then it's not drab at all IRL but actually a very nice shade. It would make a perfect catch-all neutral bag and I do think it is classic enough, with a twist, to be worn quite nicely day-to-day.

Sorry for multiple posts. I love Anya bags and the belvedere really is beautiful.

Bouncey Sat 27-Jun-15 08:19:31

I like Anya bags too and think this one is very nice. Only thing to consider is whether it has a shoulder strap. I have a similar sized bag by Smythson and it's very heavy when full. A bit much to carry over the crook of your arm.

HolgerDanske Sat 27-Jun-15 08:22:38

Yes it does have a shoulder strap, or at least my older style does so I imagine it's the same for this one. I also have never worried about security with mine, but I don't live in a city so I suppose that might change things somewhat.

Betty I would go for it.

LaurieFairyCake Sat 27-Jun-15 08:29:25

I think it's lovely - very classic

It's a carry bag though, it might look odd on the shoulder

The Cooper is in the sale (a scoop shoulder bag) and that's also nice - the Orange is a lovely rich colour, though they have it in cream and taupe grey too

HolgerDanske Sat 27-Jun-15 08:31:23

Oh hmmm yes didn't notice the handle actually. Mine has a shoulder handle and then a longer strap.

Merguez Sat 27-Jun-15 08:33:13

like the yellow one better

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now