Knickers that actually stay up!!

(22 Posts)
sincitylover Wed 24-Jun-15 09:48:06

Does anyone else have this problem - since having children my shape has changed Ive gone down a size at the bottom now 12/14 and increased a size at the top now 16 hmm and most undies I buy seem to roll down. it's really frustrating especially in summer when you wear dresses and skirts with no tights.

I usually buy hi legs - have tried big knickers but still the same problem. Was wondering about sloggi do you think it would be worth investing in them.

one m & s brand is OKish but still don't feel that secure. My job involves a lot ofrushing around and I just want to feel comfortable.

The other alternative is to wear trousers all the time but I like to wear dresses and skirts too.

Does anyone else have this problem.

RavioliOnToast Wed 24-Jun-15 09:49:51

I feel you OP
mine have a tendency to roll under my baby apron, it's very unflattering.

Haven't found a solution but watching this thread!

homebythesea Wed 24-Jun-15 09:54:07

If it's a problem with the top rolling down (as opposed to the whole knickers falling down your legs??) then surely just buy a lower cut boy short or mini style! If you fear the whole lot will come sliding down your legs then maybe they're too big!

sincitylover Wed 24-Jun-15 10:41:10

Yes just roll down rather than fall down completely!!smile Maybe I Should go smaller ie mini rather than bigger - big pants!!

CordeliaFoxx Wed 24-Jun-15 11:00:35

I have this problem too! Surely buying a lower cut will just mean they sit under the jelly belly so it won't help? I had sloggis years ago, and they were good, had forgotten about them, may have to buy some more.

Gertrudetrudy Wed 24-Jun-15 11:27:20

Marks knickers are fab! I ususally buy a size or two up so they are comfy. I find all knickers fit a bit tighter. They don't roll and sit just right. They are not the high legs, just normal ones.
Most unflattering and really not sexy but hey ho, comfort over sex any day!

homebythesea Thu 25-Jun-15 00:05:19

Sitting under the belly flap will mean they lie flat and not feel like they are falling down surely?

MountainDweller Thu 25-Jun-15 00:10:43

Sloggi midis are wonderful! Nice and stretchy with full but not too full coverage. They sit just below my waist. Absolutely no chance of them rolling down or falling off.

CalmYoBadSelf Thu 25-Jun-15 00:14:04

I have this trouble. They either roll/slide down or dig in and give me visible lines

Getdownfromtherethisinstant Thu 25-Jun-15 06:53:36

I wear M&S midis. I have a caesarean overhang and these are the only knickers I've ever found that both stay up at the waist and don't creep up my bum.

Trebushay Thu 25-Jun-15 07:02:47

I have seamless ones from sainsburys come in packs of 2 on a hanger they are soooo comfy and stay up (m&s ones kept falling down on me)

Ohwhatfuckeryisthis Thu 25-Jun-15 07:18:05

Sadly after 3 CS and increasing fattitude I have this problem. Sloggis big knickers are the daily choice. (I'm old, so no one cares)

anniepanniepears Thu 25-Jun-15 07:37:01

sloggi maxi here, doesn't roll at all , quite expensive thou
but I feel there worth the money

CordeliaFoxx Thu 25-Jun-15 11:47:23

Home - I personally like my undies to control the belly flap, so sitting underneath it doesn't help and I find it looks bad in leggings/jeans

loraflora Thu 25-Jun-15 12:15:27

I wear M&S midis. Tried loads of other ones but end up coming back to these as they are comfy and don't creep up my bum.

ExConstance Thu 25-Jun-15 12:18:22

Just knickers? my underwear conspires against me, especially in the winter. Most of my opaque tights seem to want to grip my knickers and then slowly make their way down to my knees, mainly in the supermarket.

HelpMeGetOutOfHere Thu 25-Jun-15 12:21:34

I think you might need to size up so they don't roll down? Not sexy in the slightest but I buy the m&s full briefs and they never roll down, whereas midi, brazillian, high leg, bikini etc all do. the truth is they need to be right up to your belly button blush

PerspicaciaTick Thu 25-Jun-15 12:22:02

I was really disappointed with the quality of the last lot of sloggis I bought. The elastic very quickly came unsewn from the pants leaving gaping holes around the edge.

completelytorn Thu 25-Jun-15 13:59:35

Bonds, expensive here but I won't wear anything else. I have the hipster boylegs and they control my belly but I'm quite short so you might need a different style to come high enough.

LovelyFriend Thu 25-Jun-15 14:04:52

I thought this was why big pants were invented?
I wear the M&S ones - the more expensive multi packs seem to have better quality fabric which is more comfy and tends to stay up.

Here : www.marksandspencer.com/5-pack-no-vpl-high-rise-full-briefs-with-modal/p/p22212902

perhaps you need to wear a different size?

oh the Humanity!

PerspicaciaTick Thu 25-Jun-15 14:06:23

Thinking about it, my rolly underwear is also usually my too small underwear. I think you might need to try an 18 instead of a 16.

Ohwhatfuckeryisthis Thu 25-Jun-15 18:00:55

And never wear control pants with control tights. They have a big fight and slip down unbecoming ly.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now