Talk

Advanced search

Wardrobe for City jobs?

(4 Posts)
rubybleu Wed 24-Jun-15 07:52:03

I'm updating my wardrobe ahead of starting a new role & curious as to what you wear in your jobs day to day.

I'm about to take on a much meatier, high profile job where I suspect I will need to make an effort to look more 'successful'.

I know clothes don't maketh the (wo)man but I'd be interested to know what you wear & what you think looks better, or is just a flat out bad idea, on senior women.

Jemimapuddleduk Wed 24-Jun-15 07:57:30

I don't work in the City but do have a professional management job in the north where I have to deal with clients daily. I tend to wear a dress (phase 8, Hobbs, lk Bennett) with a suit jacket and heels (travel in flats then change). Hope this helps.

Bonsoir Wed 24-Jun-15 07:58:51

My lawyer friends wear wrap dresses, belted Burberry raincoats and very high heels (smartly aggressive) and my banker friends wear Armani (elegantly dull).

AggressiveBunting Wed 24-Jun-15 08:01:33

To be honest I would wait till you've been there a week or two and then go shopping. It varies so much in terms of what's the norm. Go smart the first week and calibrate from there smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now