Talk

Advanced search

Some recommendations for under a tenner please!

(16 Posts)
nooyearnooname Wed 24-Jun-15 06:30:29

I need:

New foundation (pretty sure I've seen a Rimmel one recommended on other threads but can't remember the name of it)

Mascara

Eye cream / gel to try and deal with dark circles

All recommendations very gratefully accepted smile

PS. Asda have all Rimmel for under £5 at the moment, which is what started me thinking about this!

BangingTheDrums Wed 24-Jun-15 07:09:20

Sorry, no advice apart from not to bother with eye cream - just use your normal moisturiser.
Maybelline mascara in a pink tube is good and less than a fiver.

BabCNesbitt Wed 24-Jun-15 11:42:11

I love Bourjois' Healthy Mix foundation (not the serum or radiance reveal ones, the original one) - applies smoothly, non-orangey, nice smell. Can't remember if it's under a tenner, but it's around that kind of price.

Used to love Barry M mascaras but their new ones seem to be a bit duff. sad

mintleaves Wed 24-Jun-15 22:11:06

Check out this thread, lots of great recommendations

www.mumsnet.com/Talk/_chat/2396172-Which-beauty-products-under-a-tenner-actually-work

RoobyTuesday Thu 25-Jun-15 09:51:53

I am a big fan of l'oreal true match foundation which is £9.99.
It gives great coverage and is the only foundation I've used that actually matches my skin tone correctly.

70isaLimitNotaTarget Thu 25-Jun-15 09:59:50

I bought a No7 Time Delay eye gel (in a tube with a metal rolly ball) so it is easy to apply and cooling. It was half price, no idea of full price.

Foundation- I got the No7 light in a 3 for 2 offer

Mascara- mine is "They're Real" so not in your £10 mark but TBH, any other is a waste of money for me.

SuperFlyHigh Thu 25-Jun-15 10:01:20

Collection 2000 mascaras are good and £2 - £3 mark. Boots Natural Collection concealor and foundation good and under £10

SuperFlyHigh Thu 25-Jun-15 10:01:46

also take a look in Poundland and other discount stores often they have nice foundations etc for £1. can't go wrong

NamasteGirl Thu 25-Jun-15 13:29:50

Bourjois Healthy Mix Serum
Bourjois Volume Une Seconde mascara
Soap & Glory blot powder
maybe line eyebrow pencils

NamasteGirl Thu 25-Jun-15 13:30:10

maybelline not maybe line

nooyearnooname Fri 26-Jun-15 07:40:01

Awwwh thank you everyone! And especially mintleaves, I've been trying to find that thread but couldn't remember what it was called smile

Leviticus Fri 26-Jun-15 09:20:01

Sleek mascara is great - the one with a kind of ball shape at one end of the brush. About 6 or 7 pounds.

I'd guess the Rimmel foundation will be the Wake Me Up one as it's well reviewed but I haven't used it.

I like Bourjois Healthy Mix and also Revlon Colourstay for budget foundation.

mintleaves Fri 26-Jun-15 12:29:49

No problem! smile

Although be warned I think that thread might disappear soon if it doesn't get moved to Style & Beauty, I'm keeping my fingers crossed!

cluecu Fri 26-Jun-15 12:46:45

Gosh mineral foundation in superdrug. 9.99 and the best mineral makeup I've tried. pale enough for my very pale face too grin

mintleaves Fri 26-Jun-15 15:11:11

Also, have just seen this in the Guardian - 50 best beauty buys under £50

www.theguardian.com/fashion/2015/jun/26/50-best-beauty-buys-under-20-pounds-sali-hughes

louwn Sat 27-Jun-15 13:00:04

Soap & Glory mascara about a tenner and fabulous, no clumping and lovely wide brush.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now