Talk

Advanced search

Outfit for going 'out out'!

(15 Posts)
ScarlettDarling Tue 23-Jun-15 19:31:53

Help me wise ones of style and beauty...
After a hiatus of many months, I am finally going to have a night out next weekend! I am v excited but honestly, I'm so stressed about what to wear. What do people wear to go out out these days?

I'm 5'11 and size 10-12. Back in the good old days, I just used to get my legs out and I felt good to go! Now that I've hit 40 I don't think miniskirts are the way to go. I don't have any boobs. Have good arms and nice if slightly scrawny shoulders.

Has anyone seen anything nice to make me feel good? Am happy to buy new, so if anyone's seen anything in the shops/ online lately, Id love some links. Please help!

dexter73 Tue 23-Jun-15 19:33:11

What are you doing for your night out?

ScarlettDarling Tue 23-Jun-15 21:35:20

Meal then drinks with friends to celebrate a birthday.

Dudess Tue 23-Jun-15 22:33:53

Yay for summer birthday drinks!

How about leather leggings and a fab pop of colour top (pink/red/blue)? River Island, Next or Karen Millen may be good places to start. Was at a Marie Claire event last week and all the presenters seemed to be in leather leggings.

Pantsalive Tue 23-Jun-15 22:57:47

There are lots of tops and dresses around at the moment with cut away shoulders. One of those might look good - flashing flesh without it being a miniskirt.

ScarlettDarling Wed 24-Jun-15 07:37:55

Thanks for your replies!

dudess love the thought of leather leggings but don't know if I'm brave enough! Might be a bit, erm, sweaty too!

pantsalive yes, I like the idea of cut away shoulders. Will have a Google and try to find some.

GemmeFatale Wed 24-Jun-15 08:11:09

Waxed skinny black jeans as a leather alternative? Less sweaty perhaps

Northumberlandlass Wed 24-Jun-15 08:16:24

I have bought these two things from ASOS Tall recently...Even if I say so myself. It looked smokin'

Wrap Skirt

and

Halter neck

with killer heels. Honestly felt fab!

mrsdavidbowie Wed 24-Jun-15 08:18:07

Is Asos tall really tall? I'm six feet.

Northumberlandlass Wed 24-Jun-15 08:20:29

Yup! I'm 6 foot too. Finding it has been a revelation & dramatically changed my wardrobe and bank account

burnishedsilver Wed 24-Jun-15 10:27:58

I think a culotte jumpsuit could be lovely on you. I'm thinking of this kind of look but this particular one (from ASOS) is backless so it's probably a bit much.

Greenstone Wed 24-Jun-15 10:35:32

In your case I'd totally do a jumpsuit with some thin gold flat gladiator sandals, I think there are some in the anthropologie sale - have a google.

Greenstone Wed 24-Jun-15 10:49:04

Or shoes like these would look good with most outfits.

ScarlettDarling Wed 24-Jun-15 12:04:55

northumberlandlass I love that skirt! Couldn't wear the top with my flat chest though!!

burnished I love that jumpsuit too. Is 40 too old to wear backless? I have a nice back...

greenstone I keep thinking about jumpsuits, just I struggle to get things long enough as I'm tall (5'11".) I might look in asos tall after the recommendation above though!!

Dudess Wed 24-Jun-15 12:23:45

Sounds like you'll have some fab shopping this week!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now