Talk

Advanced search

M&S suede skirt owners: does it stretch?

(5 Posts)
Love2dance Tue 23-Jun-15 15:00:04

I'm a smaller waisted, big bottom and thighs girl. Just tried an 8 and a 10 with tights on. Both fit, the 8 is perfect on the waist but is pretty snug round the hips, although I can sit down in it. The 10 sticks out a bit more where it flares out, does not have the nice, slightly fitted look over the bum that the 8 has and I have a gap at the waist, but could probably live with it. I wondered if anyone could tell me how it wears? Does it stretch across the hips a bit after a time? Or will I be condemning myself to a never wear item if I put on a few pounds in future?

Love2dance Tue 23-Jun-15 19:02:18

bump

Luckytohavemybaby Tue 23-Jun-15 19:58:15

I bought a 12, I'm a 10 and its got the gap at the waist but nicely fitted around the hips (I'm 36inches) I wouldn't count on it stretching that much. I'm thinking of returning it mainly because of the price. I always think it's better to wear something that's bigger (rather than smaller) far more flattering and comfortable.

50ShadesOfSummer Wed 24-Jun-15 06:21:15

Was about to say the opposite! I had a suede skirt years ago. Not M&S. It always felt tight on the hips when I first put it on, but would give a bit during the day and felt fine later on.

Love2dance Wed 24-Jun-15 11:55:11

Mmm, choices, choices...thank you both. Still undecided and will think on it.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now