Talk

Advanced search

Price reductions a week after purchase!

(12 Posts)
rachelmonday1 Tue 23-Jun-15 13:58:24

Don't you just hate it when that dress you bought last week has now been reduced by 20%? Exactly that has happened to me this morning and I'm pretty miffed by it sad

Picachew Tue 23-Jun-15 14:04:44

I'm not proud of it, but if I haven't yet worn it I would return it and repurchase. blush

nottheOP Tue 23-Jun-15 14:10:27

If you've still got the tags, some shops happily let you go and ask for the difference. Gap sales assistants are very good about this.

If I've worn it, I don't mind as much

rachelmonday1 Tue 23-Jun-15 14:14:55

I thought about that in the car home Picachew. It's a dress that I bought to wear to the Races in a couple of weeks time, so it's still unworn and has it's tags on. I think I might be seen as a little cheeky though.

What I should have done is to buy another one this morning and taken then original one back, but it's now a 12-mile round trip in traffic sad

chanie44 Tue 23-Jun-15 14:39:06

I've done it and I would do it in future.

IPokeBadgers Tue 23-Jun-15 15:54:20

~I do this at M&S on a regular basis....particulary when there is cashmere involved!

Picachew Tue 23-Jun-15 16:26:49

Rachel, can you buy it online and take the other tagged and unworn one back later as long as it's within its 28 day or whatever it is return limit?

I'm not normally this devious but I'd be miffed too. I did it with a top from John Lewis once, they didn't even ask why it was being returned. I bought the sale one online as soon as I got home.

awaynboilyurheid Tue 23-Jun-15 16:32:00

Daughter works in Debenhams said you can return it if unworn and then buy back lots of people do it apparently.

libertychick Tue 23-Jun-15 16:43:29

Just bring it back. I was in Jigsaw today, sale starts tomorrow, I asked SA if I bought anything could I have it at sale price today and she said ' of course' smile
They are still making a profit at the reduced price. I wouldn't have any guilt about it.

rachelmonday1 Tue 23-Jun-15 16:44:58

Mumsnet to the rescue yet again!

I've just ordered the dress online and can now take the other one back at some point in the next couple of weeks. It makes it easier too, as I can take it back in guy-mode without having to try a replacement on. Double win!!!

CointreauVersial Tue 23-Jun-15 18:52:54

I am just about to return three items to Zara which I bought online pre-sale and have just repurchased at sale price.

Saved at least £40 so well worth the hassle (actually, Zara returns are very little hassle - they even collect).

MadeMan Tue 23-Jun-15 18:56:51

Yeah I bought some chocolate biscuits in Tesco a couple of weeks back for £1.69 and now they're on offer for one pound!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now