Talk

Advanced search

All of a sudden my hair looks dry and brittle, never ever had this before - any hairdressers/colourist who can help/advise?

(8 Posts)
clottedcreamteawithscone Tue 23-Jun-15 12:09:00

I have dark brown hari, always healthy glossy. Im 46 btw. Over the last 2-3 years Ive had it coloured at a salon using L'Oreal Luo colouring which doesnt contain amonia etc basically have it coloured to hide some white hairs but it is so natural no one every notices Ive had it dyed always leaves my hair shiny and glossy,

Salon is now using L'Oreal Matrix they said it was more or less the same as I used to have.

Well since I had this colour on with a cut (22 May) my hair is awful - I'd say half was down particularly towards the end it looks dried and frizzy...feel very upset.

I went into the Salon and was told that maybe its the change in the weather/season as hair changes they gave me an intense conditioner to use which was ok for the first few times but not happy at all as my hair look awful

clottedcreamteawithscone Tue 23-Jun-15 12:40:43

anyone?

RecoveringPerfectionist Tue 23-Jun-15 14:44:24

I have a patch of hair like this. If you run your fingers along it's length you can feel it change. My hairdresser says it's the result of having some highlights a couple of years ago and I think she's right. I have mid brown hair, but went through a stage of having some caramel/dark blonde pulled through it a bit, just for a change. It's frustrating I agree. Just waiting for it to grow out. It has made me nervous about going lighter, which is something I sometimes consider once grey takes a good hold.

clottedcreamteawithscone Tue 23-Jun-15 14:55:24

OMG Recovering.... That's me, so soft and shiney towards the top then as your fingers run down BOOM the tough/bristly bits hit you. I did have a slightly warmer tone mixed with the usual darker colours last time ... never done that before but hairdresser suggested it would warm things up a bit... Im sure he referred to it as caramel.

Also its brought back to me there was a lady sitting next to me and she had caramel/lighter highlights put in previously and she was complaining to the hair dresser that it changed the texture of her hair....I wonder if this is what's happened to me.

ChoclolateOrange Tue 23-Jun-15 15:01:13

I know this can be a sign of thyroid problems as it happened to someone I know. Perhaps it is worth a blood test?

DameDiazepamTheDramaQueen Tue 23-Jun-15 15:03:04

Funñily enough OP my, salon changed my colour too this time round and I'm experiencing the same issues. Ever have dull hair but I do now!

RecoveringPerfectionist Tue 23-Jun-15 15:52:29

My understanding is that it's because bleach is involved. But not all people with blonde hair (dyed) and highlights have hair like this do they?!

clottedcreamteawithscone Wed 24-Jun-15 10:40:33

It is a natural dye "apparently" no amonia/peroxide ... Ive never had a problem in all the times Ive been to have my hair dyed there I only go ever 3-4 months as it lasts a long time.

Also I remember he really rubbed it into the ends as they tend to go lighter and as he was short staffed that day it was on for 45mins instead of 25mins as I usually do

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now