Talk

Advanced search

Emergency! Have a hair appt in 3 hours and no idea what colour to ask for that will suit my skin tone

(8 Posts)
Dullygreygirl Tue 23-Jun-15 08:27:44

I cannot work out whether to ask for a more ashy blonde when it comes to my highlights, or for a more golden one?

Skin tone is pale, and I am pretty sure it would count as having pink undertones. Eyes are green. Natural hair colour is quite a dark brown, but unfortunately a boring sort of mud brown rather than rich chocolatey beautiful brown, so I've been blonde for years. My own natural hair colour makes my skin look blotchy, ffs. Blonde seems to make my skin tone look more even?

Based on this, would you ask for ashy or goldy highlights?

Until now, what I ask for is three colours - a golden blonde, a very light blonde, and a low light. This looks very natural and nice but what I notice is it looks dull and a bit brassy rather quickly, the low light washes out pretty fast and the hair just looks like a block of blonde.

Any thoughts? What would you ask for?

VeganCow Tue 23-Jun-15 08:36:34

I would go ash blonde. If you have pink facial undertones and a tendency to look blotchy, you want to move away from any warm undertones in your hair will would enhance the facial redness, so I would ask for ashy highlights to balance the whole look.

Itsalldramarama Tue 23-Jun-15 08:47:01

Yes definetly ash , I have red toned skin and look ghastly with golden blonde highlights , I have ash and keep them cool with a siver shampo smile

Itsalldramarama Tue 23-Jun-15 08:47:24

*silver

Dullygreygirl Tue 23-Jun-15 08:55:29

Great! Thanks! Ashy it is then. I am really quite scared grin I hope I don't manage to come out looking grey - though I suppose even if I do grey is all in at the moment.

Hopefully, the ashy will look a bit more sophisticated.

Would you still ask for the other two colours to be very pale blonde and a low light?

VeganCow Tue 23-Jun-15 09:12:40

Why not just go for the two blondes? The low light washes out anyway, and you won't now be left with that brassy look because you are going ashy instead? Also like Itsall says, use a silver shampoo to keep things cool rather than brassy.

Itsalldramarama Tue 23-Jun-15 09:13:54

Id stay with all ash blonde

burnishedsilver Tue 23-Jun-15 09:34:55

Ash.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now