Talk

Advanced search

Does this hairstyle suit me?

(45 Posts)
AccordingToOurRecords Mon 22-Jun-15 22:15:50

I had this cut last year and couldn't decide if it suited me or not. I decided not and have let it grow to a boring bob. The thing is I really don't like it the way it is, I have very fine hair which needs to be washed everyday and this short style was quick and easy to do but I'm just not sure if it's a bit young for me or if my face is the right shape ( everyone I've asked re face shape has given me a different answer) So, lovely Style and Beauty ladies.....please put me out of my misery Yay or Nay, if Nay then any suggestions for what might suit me would be gratefully received. ( I am like a rabbit in headlights once I get to the hairdressers, I need something to actually tell them rather than muttering something and hoping for the best)

Iliveinalighthousewiththeghost Mon 22-Jun-15 22:24:59

The style is nice and suits you but the colour doesn't.
I think it would look gorgeous dark though.

MabelBee Mon 22-Jun-15 22:27:01

Definitely yes. I like the cut and the colour.

MamaLazarou Mon 22-Jun-15 22:29:21

The colour is too warm for your pink-toned skin, IMO.

AlwaysOneMissing Mon 22-Jun-15 22:29:55

I think short hair suits you, but not that full fringe style. Have a google for 'short hair styles' and maybe try another?

Behooven Mon 22-Jun-15 22:31:28

Lovely shade of green on your wall there, what is it please?

Behooven Mon 22-Jun-15 22:32:19

I think your hair is lovely btw

AccordingToOurRecords Mon 22-Jun-15 22:34:39

Thank you, I've grown most of that colour out now, I'm naturally darker so I'll stick to my own colour. I have a mahoosive forehead so cover it with the fringe. This is brilliant help, thank you so much. I should be able to do this by now but nope, I'm rubbish.

Cocolepew Mon 22-Jun-15 22:34:49

Yes its lovely

Babymamamama Mon 22-Jun-15 22:35:00

I like your cut a lot. I just think you need more ash in your highlights rather than orange tone. Be brave! Cut it back to the style you prefer.

AccordingToOurRecords Mon 22-Jun-15 22:35:58

I had the paint matched but it's a shade of teal.

Behooven Mon 22-Jun-15 22:36:30

It is lovely

MamaLazarou Mon 22-Jun-15 22:36:43

I bet darker hair looks lovely with your blue eyes.

Dinosaursdontgrowontrees Mon 22-Jun-15 22:37:08

Love the style but not the colour, nice dark brown in that style would look lush.

AmelieinOz Mon 22-Jun-15 22:39:12

Super yay for the cut!

Different colour, I agree.

meyesmyeyes Mon 22-Jun-15 22:45:00

That hairstyle really suits you.
Also, it looks as if you don't have big, sticky-out ears - which can look strange with a short (pixie) type hairstyle.

You have small, neat ears. (I can't see them, so they must be neat).

AccordingToOurRecords Mon 22-Jun-15 23:00:12

I've never been complimented on my ears before, I'm touched smile thank you.

skylerwhite1 Mon 22-Jun-15 23:11:18

Love your hairstyle - it really suits your face shape, maybe break-up the colour with some caramel low-lights. Otherwise cut looks great. lucky you

AccordingToOurRecords Mon 22-Jun-15 23:14:26

I'm so thrilled that you haven't said I'm too old for it. Yay, massive confidence boost.smile

Dognado Mon 22-Jun-15 23:30:19

Could you keep the style but maybe soften it up a bit by wearing like this www.instyle.co.uk/hairstyles/hair-trends/celebrity-hair/short-hair-050201-sienna-miller

AccordingToOurRecords Mon 22-Jun-15 23:41:36

Dognado, I really like that style but I couldn't cope with it being so long, I'm a gardener and spend a lot of time bent over, I'd be forever brushing hair out of my eyes or trying to shove it out of the way.Thank you though.smile

beavington Mon 22-Jun-15 23:49:17

I like that cut op you really suit it. I prefer it to the sienna miller photo i think that would actually look unflattering on most people.

GinBunny Mon 22-Jun-15 23:55:21

It looks lovely and really suits your face. I used to have a similar style but grew it out, I wish I had the confidence (and face shape like you have!) for short hair again.
And I like the colour too actually.
I would probably have it longer at the top/sides to balance the length of the fringe though and give it a bit more body.

AccordingToOurRecords Mon 22-Jun-15 23:56:36

Thank you Beavington. This is so much better than looking at pictures in a hair magazine. It's the same when you have to try on frames at the opticians, I always look a right nelly and never know if a pair look ok.

AccordingToOurRecords Tue 23-Jun-15 00:01:16

Thank you too GinBunny. I think you are right about more body, it's so fine though it just flops, do you think I should do a slightly shorter fringe to try and balance it out?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now