Chin stubble: Mummy you prickled me....

(19 Posts)
DarlingDaffodil Mon 22-Jun-15 20:50:47

Well, I am feeling not so attractive. My 5year old informed me I had a beard and after a glass of sparkling I razored the hairs under my chin off.
2 days later the chin stabbing comment from darling ds.
So, do I need to do this daily now?
Using single blade [value type] razor on dry skin. Just trying to catch the stubbly bits rather than huge area of skin. Sort of sides at edges of chin.
Any advice welcomed!
Thanks from a rather obsessive chin rubber.....[Nearer 50 than 40].

NowhereNow Mon 22-Jun-15 20:54:14

Would tweezing or threading work better? Or that scary epi stick thing that I've seen mentioned?

mrssmith79 Mon 22-Jun-15 20:57:04

Get a 10x magnifying mirror and pluck the bristly buggers out.
Keep an eye out on Groupon etc for IPL deals.
Don't razor - they'll come back with sliced ends and look thicker.

LadyB49 Mon 22-Jun-15 20:59:56

I wax. Pluck between waxes.

DarlingDaffodil Mon 22-Jun-15 21:00:40

I haven't got a magnifying mirror.
A slightly scary thought!

sksk Mon 22-Jun-15 21:01:54

Laser might work for you, though it is costly. Many places have deals or only charge according to the number of minutes eg for every 15 minutes. Don't shave! Even an epilator for might work. I've seen a thing on stressnomore website- it's a sort of metal u-shaped rod that sounds like it threads without the thread. Very bad description. Will try to post link!

sksk Mon 22-Jun-15 21:02:37

www.stressnomore.co.uk/rem-spring-91779.html

DarlingDaffodil Mon 22-Jun-15 21:02:38

Is waxing a fiddle?
Do want something easy and quick but hate beard /prickle comments from brutally honest ds.

sksk Mon 22-Jun-15 21:03:07

I should say that I do not work for them and I have not tried the product so I can out vouch for it.

sksk Mon 22-Jun-15 21:04:03

Actually, the veet strips are quite easy and don't require much length. You could pluck in between of you don't want to wait for re growth.

DarlingDaffodil Mon 22-Jun-15 21:08:41

Thanks all. Plenty to think about...
The temptation to shave the buggers tomorrow before going out will be overwhelming though as defo stubbly...
Need sandpaper maybe....

gaggiagirl Mon 22-Jun-15 21:21:58

Episticks are less than a quid and are simple yet effective. The pain level is...eye watering on certain areas. Tolerable in others.

DarlingDaffodil Mon 22-Jun-15 21:33:44

www.amazon.co.uk/Womens-Hair-Removal-Epilator-Shaver/dp/B00C4QWDUS/ref=pd_sim_121_4?ie=UTF8&refRID=0PJGS9DSP8RV0ESR1BG2

What about this?

PavlovaPalaver Mon 22-Jun-15 22:29:33

Laser didn't work for me. Tried it twice and I still have a goatee but am several hundreds of pounds poorer.

I wax and pluck (and shave when I dont have time for the waxing and the plucking)

skylerwhite1 Mon 22-Jun-15 22:46:20

I have a hairy mole above my lips and my 2 year old calls it "mammys pider" spider confused must get jiggly with the scissors.

DarlingDaffodil Tue 23-Jun-15 07:03:35

A sip of coffee and then value blade came out but only to gently skim over few coarse white stubbly hairs [on dry skin].
So chin still hairy I am sure in certain lights but won't stab 5 year old with chin today....
Will think about other options as not keen on long term shaving but is so quick.
So far skin not irritated but doing in a 'catch' the hair way rather than close shaving.
The joys of getting older....

sksk Tue 23-Jun-15 22:17:12

There are creams the GP can prescribe for facial hair. Maybe speak to a female GP. I think the cream is called vaniqa.

FoodieMum3 Wed 24-Jun-15 09:48:03

I started getting mine waxed at the beauticians a few months ago, whenever I'm in getting eyebrows done. I pluck inbetween. She told me that most women have this 'issue', it's just that no one admits to it smile

I think it's hormonal..

DarlingDaffodil Wed 24-Jun-15 10:14:24

I have become obsessed with looking at women's chins!
They do not seem hairy so unless all chins I have looked at are lucky chins women are doing something.....
Spoke to couple of friends in the park after school and one plucks and the other shaves below her nose daily and her chin as she said plucking caused scarring on her chin.
Tis a secret for most I think....

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now