Talk

Advanced search

What bras should I try?

(4 Posts)
pinkbadger Mon 22-Jun-15 19:32:26

I'm a 30DD, my boobs are quite wide apart, shallow, wide and bottom heavy. They are set high up on my chest.

Since being 'intervened' the best bras I have found have been Next a couple of seasons ago but they must have not sold many 30 back bras as they have pretty much stopped that size now. I've been to Bravissimo twice but neither time ended up with a wearable bra. First time Satine but it just looked so odd on me, the cups were too close together I think. Then Cleo Juna which I wore yesterday but was so uncomfortable I had to take it off after a couple of hours. The wires dig into my breast bone. The assistant said I could try bending them outwards, I've tried that and it's not helped. Also the cups don't look wide enough to me.

The best fit I have found in an independent bra shop was a Lepel Fiore balconette but the pointy lace shows through clothing. I had to go up to a 30E.

Plunge styles tend to flatten me unless they are 'push up'. Balconettes are better provided the wires don't come up too high either in the middle or at the outer edge (poke me in the armpit). I like a little padding to avoid nipple visibility and give me a bit of a boost :-)

So, can anyone suggest some styles to try? It doesn't help that I don't like gaudy colours and prints and prefer bikini style knickers (why do all the premium brands seem to come with either matching thongs or shorts?). So fussy!

I did try in some 32D's in Next the other day which were great apart from the band being too big of course. I suppose I could always take the band in?

321zerobaby Mon 22-Jun-15 20:33:31

I seem to remember Curvy Kate are a brand that tend to be more wide set and shallow, try Brastop or Figleaves.

Pantsalive Tue 23-Jun-15 09:55:18

I was also going to recommend Curvy Kate. I'm not sure if they're wide set but the don't dig into my armpits like some others.

pinkbadger Thu 25-Jun-15 21:19:36

Thanks - I'll take a look.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now