Talk

Advanced search

On a hunt for the perfect beach bag

(17 Posts)
cathyandclaire Mon 22-Jun-15 18:06:13

I've always dragged my beach stuff around in a 'free with any two products' bag from Clarins but this year I'd like something a little more elegant
without sun tan lotion splodges and deeply ingrained sand
I love this from Aspiga but it is £160, out of stock and the Amazon reviews say it unravels after a week or so!
Has anyone seen anything similar, or just something lovely smile?
Does my Bum lady said that colours are in but I think 'd prefer neutrals/tan/maybe some metallic. What do you use to haul stuff around?

lizandlulu Mon 22-Jun-15 19:59:57

T k maxx usually has a good selection at this time of year, with unusual stuff you don't normally see.

It looks abit accessorizey

chanie44 Tue 23-Jun-15 06:09:40

Thanks for the Tk maxx tip. I need a new beach bag and hadn't even started looking for one yet.

Dudess Tue 23-Jun-15 23:20:07

I love my bags, but the beach yells "Sand" and "Lotion". Head to Primark and chuck it away at the end of the year...put the remaining £150 into suitcase contents or cocktails!

cathyandclaire Wed 24-Jun-15 07:10:41

Nothing online at TKMaxx so heading in to my local one today, thanks for the tip smile

lizandlulu Wed 24-Jun-15 08:02:47

I think it defiantly has to be washable or wipe able they can get pretty grimy pretty quick.

nickyspikes Mon 06-Jul-15 11:09:34

Message deleted by MNHQ. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.

GinUpGirl Mon 06-Jul-15 11:12:40

I'm with the pp. I buy a cheap light one in a neutral colour for each holiday and chuck it.

TheTravellingLemon Mon 06-Jul-15 11:13:09

I have one of these and can't recommend highly enough. I went for the bright orange with rope handles and a plane interior. It makes a fantastic beach bag. The main body wipe clean easily and you can change the other bits whenever takes your fancy. I'm going to photograph mine and post for you to see.

TealFanClub Mon 06-Jul-15 11:13:19

I'd buy cheap. They just get ruined

TealFanClub Mon 06-Jul-15 11:14:11

Or. An ikea bag. blush

TheTravellingLemon Mon 06-Jul-15 11:17:16

Here it is. I think it was a out £60 all in, such a great buy.

Bodicea Mon 06-Jul-15 11:46:51

I love my long champ shopper as a beach bag. Wipes clean and can use it all year round.

SoupDragon Mon 06-Jul-15 11:49:19

Primark has great, cheap bags suitable for the beach.

carrie74 Mon 06-Jul-15 11:51:18

We tend to take rucksacks (one each). I really can't get het up about what to carry (v likely to explode/spill) to the beach. I'm pretty style conscious, but on this. No.

LadyintheRadiator Mon 06-Jul-15 12:36:53

If I was going on my own... so towel, magazine, headphones, sun cream, water... then a nice bag would be lovely. When carrying everyone else's shit though, I don't care about being stylish just not feeling like a donkey. I like the look of the Queen Bee bags linked above, from a practical point of view.

chanie44 Mon 06-Jul-15 12:48:46

I have a mesh one from BHS which was £7 from £10, which I'll be taking on holiday.

I agree with other posters, I don't think its worth spending a lot on a beach bag. I did have a lovely plastic one from Primark, which died last year.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now