Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

How do you keep tummy control pants up?!

(17 Posts)
FairyPenguin Mon 22-Jun-15 17:28:29

I bought a pair of these all-in-one magic pants, where there is a tummy control panel that you pull up to just under bra line, in an attempt to achieve a slim silhouette when wearing a dress to a wedding.

I've been wearing them at home to try them out and it only lasts about 5 mins before the top of it starts rolling down so that I have the equivalent of a muffin top appearing right under my bra - it's just pushing all the fat up!

There is a single strip of something inside the top which I think is supposed to stick to your skin but that isn't doing anything really.

Am I doing something wrong?!

DonkeyOaty Mon 22-Jun-15 17:29:31

Yes

They are too small

/bitter experience

wankerchief Mon 22-Jun-15 17:30:15

You can buy ones the hook to your bra I think

FairyPenguin Mon 22-Jun-15 17:35:12

Too small?! I've already gone up a size than I originally thought. Will buying the next size up work? They're not cheap so I didn't want to buy another pair in case the same thing happens.

Where can you buy ones that hook to your bra?

This is a whole new world...

MrsBertMacklin Mon 22-Jun-15 17:35:59

Agree they are too small, mine start rolling down when I put on weight.

cathcustard Mon 22-Jun-15 17:50:30

My mate safety pins them to the side of her bra don't know how she manages the loo.
I've got a slip thing with straps that you wear your own bra with, no quite a sucky in as the pants but more comfortable & no roll.

FairyPenguin Mon 22-Jun-15 20:39:16

Hmm...I might try on a larger pair tomorrow. Would try the safety pins but doesn't sound very comfortable. Really like sound of a slip actually.

cathcustard Mon 22-Jun-15 20:51:02

Here Penguin, La Perla racy it's not grin
www.marksandspencer.com/firm-control-sheer-and-opaque-wear-your-own-bra-slip/p/p22232543

Greengardenpixie Mon 22-Jun-15 21:38:32

however read the reviews lol!!!

I bought this to go under my outfit for my daughter's wedding in place of "big knickers"
It was perfect when I first tried it on and stood in front of the mirror but on the day when I was moving around the whole thing rolled up into a big sausage round my middle and gave the complete opposite to the silhouette I was after. I spent time with my hand up my skirt trying to adjust and eventually gave up.
Complete waste of money and very disappointing when I was trying to look my best

Not the greatest review if you are trying to avoid a muffin top!

TattyDevine Mon 22-Jun-15 22:02:11

Flexees by Maidenform do one with straps but you wear your own bra. They are the only ones I wear. They are great, no muffin top, no back fat. I'll try and find a link. And not £££ like Spanx.

readyforno2 Mon 22-Jun-15 22:05:19

I have the same ones as tatty. Came on to recommend. It's great!

TattyDevine Mon 22-Jun-15 22:05:22

[[ This bad boy www.figleaves.com/uk/product/FM-2656/Maidenform-Ultimate-Slimmer-Body/?size=&colour=Nud]]e

TattyDevine Mon 22-Jun-15 22:05:49

Slick-link fail hmm

RaisingSteam Mon 22-Jun-15 22:09:46

I have the Asda version of the Maidenform - didn't want to spend a lot if it was as rubbish as all my other shape wear purchases. Really great. Not on the website but it's the bodysuit version of this

readyforno2 Mon 22-Jun-15 22:11:39

Yep! That one. It's fab

tabulahrasa Mon 22-Jun-15 22:17:21

I've got the primark bodysuit...best one I've ever owned.

FairyPenguin Tue 23-Jun-15 06:32:21

Thank you everyone. I shall go away and investigate...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now