Talk

Advanced search

Where to buy a leather jacket in June?!

(18 Posts)
5446 Mon 22-Jun-15 13:22:50

Just made an extra bit of money and would love to buy an investment leather jacket - either classic biker, or diagonal zip.

I'm 5ft 9, size 12 hourglass 32GG so any recommendations of styles that wil fit/suit.

I want black, real leather and around £100-£150 - ideally the cheaper, the possible.

Obviously the wrong time of year to be looking but I'm moving to a tiny town in the southern hemisphere with no shopping options!

houseHuntinginmanchester Mon 22-Jun-15 17:07:26

Hi op,

There's loads of leather jackets about!
I've had my eye on this for a while, might order one today.

la redoute leather jacket

If you use the code you'll get it down to £110. They have other leather jackets too.

Now might be a good time to pick on up in either the All Saints or Whistles sales.

I've got this Oasisone in brown, and it's been brilliant.

Mint Velvet

AmberNectarine Mon 22-Jun-15 18:43:50

I have the oasis one, it's lovely. Now getting a bit too big for me which is a shame.

I seem to be going the other way, Amber! Am so glad that I didn't decide to size down to a 10, as I'd originally planned.

5446 Mon 22-Jun-15 19:24:52

All Saints and Whistles have some gorgeous ones, but can't justify that extra £100 to myself!

Thanks, the Oasis one is gorgeous and still looks fairly long on the 5ft10 model. I hate the ones with the really cropped back that leave my back freezing.

Think I will take a punt on the Oasis one and report back. Now to justify to DP why I need a leather jacket in Africa...

AmberNectarine Mon 22-Jun-15 19:53:04

Ah, mine is a 10 and very roomy - am training for a half marathon and am a small 8 these days. Mostly gone off my boobs, obviously.

AmberNectarine Mon 22-Jun-15 19:53:44

Protect you from lions OP? wink

I can't wait to be fully fit, so that I can get running again. A few months of being ill has ruined me!

AmberNectarine Mon 22-Jun-15 20:19:52

Oh no, hope you feel better soon!

As an aside (sorry for thread hijack OP), I ordered that flamingo skirt that you pinned from kendi everyday last week!

Really?! What's it like. I love 'quirky' skirts. grin

Kennington Mon 22-Jun-15 21:13:11

Next have a dark grey one for 160 quid that I love
I have a fairly generous chest add it works well

AmelieinOz Mon 22-Jun-15 22:03:50

BLK DNM Leather Jacket 1

Glitteryfrog Tue 23-Jun-15 19:04:23

Muubaa leather jackets are lovely. I've got one and I love it.

5446 Thu 25-Jun-15 11:13:41

The Oasis one just arrived and it's just that bit too short for me. I'm all boobs with a short waist and it makes me look a bit unbalanced/top heavy.

They also left the security tag on but that's a whole different story!

Back to the drawing board! Will have a look at Next, Muubaa and have seen one in the Topshop Tall range.

Have seen a Barney's one on il2l which looks quite nice but never heard of the brand or website.

Any other ideas for very buttery soft leather is welcomed.

Superherosidekick Thu 25-Jun-15 13:56:15

Have a look on Zalando - loads in that price bracket in a variety of styles/lengths

5446 Thu 25-Jun-15 14:14:20

Some nice ones on Zalando, thanks Superhero.

I've just ordered one from Topshop and one in the sale from Superdry, so if they don't work out, will give Zalando a go.

Wish I could make it to the shops, would make this so much easier.

5446 Fri 26-Jun-15 15:47:43

We have a winner!

THIS from Superdry is perfect for anyone tall - hits me just on the hip and is very soft leather.

It's also half price, so absolute bargain.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now