Talk

Advanced search

2nd degrees oil burn in the face bad marks?

(20 Posts)
happywithit Sun 21-Jun-15 19:15:45

i was cooking yesterday but the oil splash on my face hand really badly, that burned half on my face, i went to emergency they just give me strog pain killer, today my marks getting very dark, and really you don't want to see my face in the street, i don't know what to use to it, the doctor just tell me let it dry the skin will come off and after 4 weeks you will be fine.
does anyone know something that will make my face look like before quick please.
my hand and my arm the same but all that worries me the most is my face
one of my friend give me anestol pomad to use. still not sure to use it or not in the face

dexter73 Sun 21-Jun-15 19:25:44

I don't think there is a quick fix. Don't try and cover it with make-up. I think the dr's advice is best - just keep it clean and don't burst any blisters.

happywithit Sun 21-Jun-15 19:44:13

thanks dexter73 , i was just wondering if any cream will help.

sonata1 Sun 21-Jun-15 20:58:51

Bio oil is good for scars, dry skin etc.

happywithit Sun 21-Jun-15 21:12:46

thank you so much

mrsgpig Sun 21-Jun-15 21:51:14

Almost exactly the same thing happened to me this time last year. I splashed boiling oil on my lower face, shoulder, arm and chest.

I put a soaking wet towel on it immediately and went to the doctor. My chest and shoulder were quite badly splashed and I got wet dressings put on. The burn to my face was mainly around the chin and was more superficial.

I had the dressings reapplied a few times and the nurse used a cream called Flamazine. This cream was excellent. Helps healing and stops infection.

The face burn darkened, dried out and peeled. Yuk but luckily it didn't scar at all.

The other burns took longer and I ended up with just a couple of small round scars on my shoulder and arm.

Dowser Sun 21-Jun-15 22:26:06

Ave you any lavender essential oil. It's marvelous for burns. Wilkinsons sell 10 mil for £1-25

I've poured scalding water over hands legs etc and on with the lavender and it's never even blistered.

My friends toddler knocked his mum and got hot tea on him. She held his head under the cold tap, then on with the lavender. He was as right as rain the ext day. I keep a bottle all around rhe house.

mrsgpig Sun 21-Jun-15 22:28:28

Also meant to say drink lots of water and take ibuprofen for pain and inflammation.

bonzo77 Sun 21-Jun-15 22:31:24

It's so hard but you must leave it alone. As soon as it starts to peel you must use high SPF sun screen as the new skin is very delicate. You might be surprised how well it heals.

TheWildRumpyPumpus Sun 21-Jun-15 22:33:51

I burnt my leg on a motorbike exhaust whilst rather intoxicated in Goa.

When I got back to the UK the surgery applied a great bandage that helped with the healing. You can still see it now though 12 years later.

Kundry Sun 21-Jun-15 22:38:57

You must leave it alone as you've been instructed It needs to dry out and putting stuff on it will only get in the way.

There are sadly no quick fixes - it takes 4 weeks to make completely new skin so it's going to take 4 weeks, you can speed it up.

PurpleDaisies Sun 21-Jun-15 22:45:34

www.nhs.uk/Conditions/Burns-and-scalds/Pages/Recovery.aspx

The advice from the NHS is to leave it alone. The more you touch it the greater the chance of infection and scarring. I burn my hand quite badly a few years ago. It looks awful while the skin is going brown and sloughing off but your doctor is right. Keep it clean and let your body do the rest.

happywithit Tue 23-Jun-15 12:29:03

thank you all for the advice that were given. thank you so much

Doobigetta Tue 23-Jun-15 17:17:25

Lavender essential oil will help with healing and scar prevention. Neat if it's a small area, diluted if larger.

clearasmud Tue 23-Jun-15 18:04:54

Mebo cream is fantastic at healing scars and is made specifically for burns.
My little girl needed stitches on her face and we were told to apply mebo cream as often as possible as well as sunscreen when outside any time until the redness disappears. You cannot see the scar at all now.

happywithit Wed 24-Jun-15 11:24:53

oh, thank you, i just read about it but it does not give me the option to buy it. do you know any website to buy it from please?
Mebo cream

happywithit Wed 24-Jun-15 11:26:14

i find 2 types one gold and one white, witch one better?

happywithit Wed 24-Jun-15 11:26:41

en.mebo.com/Products/ShowInfo.asp?InfoID=17

happywithit Wed 24-Jun-15 11:27:07

en.mebo.com/Products/ShowInfo.asp?InfoID=19

happywithit Wed 24-Jun-15 11:46:06

oh sorry, i can see its the first one, but i can't buy it from UK.
IT will take up to 15 days to arrive.
do you buy it from uk?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now