Talk

Advanced search

Any skin experts about?

(3 Posts)
NomiMalone Sun 21-Jun-15 19:11:25

I had a big night out last night and awful hormonal acne on my jaw all week. In an attempt to get rid of the spots I was using sudocrem every night.

I also starred using Pixi Glow Tonic (every day) for the first time this week.

The spots are dead but the skin all around them is red, scaly, dry and taut sad .

Is it more likely to be the sudocrem or the toner?

And what do I do to help my poor face?

Marylou2 Sun 21-Jun-15 19:29:17

Your poor face.I'd stop both immediately and strip back your routine to just a very gentle cleanser and moisturiser to allow your skin to recover. Low GI eating works really well for hormonal spots or 3 days on the Perricone plan works wonder,google it.You'll never want to eat salmon again but your skin will improve.

NomiMalone Sun 21-Jun-15 19:40:47

Thanks Marylou.

I usually have great skin. Haven't had pimples for years. But my first period since having DS 10 months ago decided to arrive this week and it's sent my skin barmy sad .

I alternate between this gentle Vichy cleanser and the Origins Checks and Balances Both suit my skin and I've never had problems before.

I'm going to stop using the Pixi Glow Tonic. I suspect it hasn't helped.

I have a Body Shop Vitamin E jelly like nourishing mask. I might put that on tonight.

Eurgh. Being a woman is crap sometimes.

thanks wine

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now