Talk

Advanced search

Nails

(3 Posts)
WhetherOrNot Sun 21-Jun-15 18:55:35

My nails keep splitting right down at the quick. Is there anything that can help this stop happening, or strengthen them somehow? Thanks.

RecoveringPerfectionist Sun 21-Jun-15 20:04:03

I had one nail that used to do this after I banged it badly. Literally did it for years and there was a ridge all the way down the centre to the quick. It is no longer there and I'm sure it's because I went through a stage of religiously using one of the Sally Hansen nail strengtheners (can't remember which one). Took a good few months and I guess it could have been coincidence. Now I just used almond oil - put it on every night before bed. Don't do shelac (dries mine out). Fish oils supplements. Keep them relatively short and in good shape. Good luck. It's really irritating!

Melonfool Sun 21-Jun-15 20:55:29

Mavala nail strengthener is good, I've been using it a while and have tried others, this has been the best so far.

If it's had a trauma it could take a long time. My right thumb has never really recovered from being the one I sucked up to age fifteen, it was very softened so I don't think it ever grew properly and is now very ridged and splits a lot. Less so since using Mavala.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now