Talk

Advanced search

Best mid-brown home dye?

(6 Posts)
FranBrodie Sun 21-Jun-15 15:13:23

Sorry, I can only find previous threads from 2011ish, and I'm hoping things have moved on a bit!
I haven't been brown for a while, but I always struggled to get a nice shiny cool-toned brown that wasn't too light (and a bit meh, on me) or almost black (which I don't suit).
I have a hairdressing supplies shop nearby - is there any benefit to mixing your own / using professional colours? I'm up for a bit of potions work grin

FranBrodie Sun 21-Jun-15 20:23:51

Bumpy bump please help!

ItsAllGoodMan Sun 21-Jun-15 20:29:29

The majirel professional colours are really nice. I can't help with shades though as I go for warm tones.

The John Frieda foam ones are v good.

FranBrodie Sun 21-Jun-15 20:51:57

Thanks guys, those are two I haven't tried before!

Gertrudetrudy Sun 21-Jun-15 21:09:08

I used the loreal Recital Preference in Medium Brown after I couldn't get my hands on a majorel one. I just got the semi permanent to try and I have to say I'm impressed!
I would definitely recommend them just don't leave it on as long as the box says - I went 5 mins shorter and it was perfect. I think it could go very dark if left on for the full amount of time.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now