Talk

Advanced search

Shorts for a 30 something!

(15 Posts)
littlem133 Sun 21-Jun-15 14:56:37

I want shorts I can wear during the day for walking round town/housework/school runs etc. I'm in my 30s, not the best of legs, size 12 hourglass figure. Any suggestions? I don't feel I can get away with shorts anymore!

Seriouslyffs Sun 21-Jun-15 14:59:39

Gap and Zara Hennes and sainsburys all have nice ones. Gird your loins and be prepared to try loads on!
I love shorts and actually find that wearing them has improved my legs, as I moisturise and shave them and am more active.

TheFairyCaravan Sun 21-Jun-15 15:04:02

Next Chino shorts are fab. The turn ups aren't fixed so you can have them as short/long as you want. They come up big so you'll likely need a 10.

mirpuppet Sun 21-Jun-15 19:54:16

Thanks I will check out Next ones. I had Gap boyfriend shorts lastb summer and enjoyed them.

CrapBag Sun 21-Jun-15 22:40:50

I clicked on wanting to know the answer to this and I'm happy to say I bought those chino shorts from Next this week! They are very comfortable. I did wonder if they were a bit 'old woman shorts' (I'm in my early 30s) so glad to hear they are not.

burnishedsilver Sun 21-Jun-15 23:43:47

Boden chino shorts are getting good reviews. I'm waiting for the sale.

Twinklestar2 Mon 22-Jun-15 13:30:29

I brought some linen ones from Sainsburys. They are the same length as the Next ones above. So comfortable!

I was also worried about them looking like old lady shorts but they are lovely and like the Next ones above, that are roll up so you can adjust the length.

I'm 36.

Silverstreaks Mon 22-Jun-15 15:01:34

Most women's shorts do nothing for my shape so I gave up and bought some men's. They have enormous back pockets so give the illusion of a smaller bum. They come to my knee but could be rolled up and are comfortable. I've been tucking the tie bit in but think I'll remove it.

OnlyHereForTheCamping Mon 22-Jun-15 17:12:00

Boden shorts are great ime. Not too long not to short. I like the bistro ones.

Ettikete Mon 22-Jun-15 17:16:29

Get thee to H&M teen boys section! Fab shorts.

Ettikete Mon 22-Jun-15 17:16:58

...and cost a lot less than the ladies ones too.

MilliVanilliTinyWilly Mon 22-Jun-15 20:13:47

I got some lovely shorts out of primark last year. Quite short but I think mid thigh is hard to wear.

fishfingersinmysandwiches Mon 22-Jun-15 21:28:55

YY MilliVanilli I agree.

Shorts must either be just above the knee or properly short. Mid thigh is hard to wear and not as flattering IMO.

littlem133 Mon 22-Jun-15 23:28:53

You're right-I probably buy shorts which are too long which is why they look silly. Cheers for the advice. Those next ones look good for pottering. Just need the sun now to tan my milk bottle white legs!

carrie74 Tue 23-Jun-15 11:39:47

I wear either Gap ?sexy boyfriend/chino or denim, or J Crew 4" shorts, which are fantastic, perfect length (bought on sale or in US).

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now